Sherman Aquisitions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bellybean, Aug 6, 2003.

1. bellybean

bellybean Member

An old Providian account was now listed with sherman aquisitions (a CA I guess). I have never received any notice that this account was sold. It lists the original creditors as Providian National Bank and OSI/Gulfstates (CA!?!). The original balance charged off from the Providian was 652, but the sherman aquisition balance is being reported as 755...but I have never received ANYTHING from them. What do I do? Additionally, the original account is almost out of the SOL, but does the time start over on the SOL since it has been sold?

Thanks!

2. pd11604

pd11604 Well-Known Member

Don't let them bully you or trick you into doing anything if the debt is almost out of SOL.

Make sure you know exactly when the DOLA is for this account. Also make sure you know the SOL for filing of judgments on your account in your state.

Armed with this knowledge you will be able to fend them off if they ever do contact you!

3. bellybean

bellybean Member

The SOL was up in April in Louisiana, so I'm good there. I just think that it's lousy that I have this on there, and they never sent me notice. Also, it's the first CA to have this account.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*I have this on there, and they never sent me notice.
    2*it's the first CA to have this account.
    belly bean
    ================
    1*They don't have to notify you.
    2*Wrong it's the second CA Because OSI Was the first one.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*An old Providian account was now listed with Sherman acquisitions (a CA I guess).
    ).2* I have never received any notice that this account was sold.
    3*What do I do?

4*does the time start over on the SOL since it has been sold?bellybean
    ================
    ===============
    1*One of the worst bunch of crooks.
    2*S.O.P.
    3*Val.Letter
    4*Certainly not.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59 """"```~~~```'""'''