Short story - CRA didn't verif

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mo, Nov 14, 2000.

1. Mo

Mo Guest

Just an anecdote for those who know these things all too well:

3 weeks ago, I found a duplicate entry of an account on Equifax. Naturally they said they would investigate, so I disputed it. Their answer came back "verified". I called the creditor, and they said THERE HAD BEEN NO CONTACT FROM EQUIFAX. Called EQU back, and spoke to a mush-mouth-don't-give-a-damn rep....demanded to talk to a supervisor. I spent 10 seconds on the phone with her, when she cheerfully said, "Oh this is an obvious duplicate entry, and I can delete it right now."

So I spent my time getting thru on the phone to EQU on the first dispute....had to wait 3 weeks to get the answer, had to getback on the phone again...all to have someone fix the problem with no trouble in less than 30 seconds. What's wrong with this picture?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Short story - CRA didn't v

Gosh Mo, what a pain in the butt and all this couldn't have been resolved with a simple phonecall, unbelievable I'd say. I have always believed these agencies do not always verify the information and this just proved me right. glad you finally got it taken care of though, sorry it took so much time.

3. PBurton

PBurton Guest

*Backup with Certified Letter*

Hate to bust your bubble . . . you should confirm any phone conversation with a certified letter in writing. Always get the individual's name you transacted it.

I had an error entry "magically" reappear months later after it was "deleted".

4. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: Short story - CRA didn't v

Mo,

If you think your story is startling, listen to this!

I have a bad account with zero balance that's scheduled for deletion in the summer of 2001. Since that is so close, and the balance is zero, I called the creditor and begged that they have it deleted now. The creditor said ok! Well when the account still remained on my CRA a few months later I was surprised. So I called the creditor who swore to me that they sent a letter to all 3 CRA's. I checked further and discovered that Trans Union removed the account but Equifax didn't (it never appeared on Experian). I called Equifax and they simply refused! They told me that they were not changing dates and the account will remain until 2001! OK...they are arguing with the creditor! That's right! The CRA is arguing with the creditor! Can you believe it! Anyway, summer of 2001 is not far so I don't plan to do anything about it. Just thought I'd share the story.