Should account appear opened??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I have been studying my husband's credit report and this is how the collection account appear, does this seem accurate??
    This a former utility company last used service in 12/95, have no idea when collection agency took it over, we never knew the bill existed anyway this is how it appears:

Company Inovision Inc
    Account Number PECO ENER-XXXX
    Whose Account INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT
    Date Opened
    Last Activity 12/1995
    Type of Account Open
    Account Status 120+ DAYS PAST DUE
    Months Reviewed 26
    High Credit $246
    Terms
    Balance $246
    Past Due 246
    Date Reported 01/2001
    Times Past Due
    Previous High Status: 120+ days past due 10/2000;
    30 Days 00
    60 Days 00
    90 Days 01
    Description COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Would this appearing open cause more damage?? Just trying to figure this out??

Thanks
    Mom

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Should account appear open

Mom, unfortunately I think this is a major blow to his credit score. It appears that the account is still open and he is continually delinquent. 90 days late is much more damaging that 30 days. Even though the last activity is 1995, the date last reported is Jan of 2001. It shows he has been continually past due since 1995. Maybe it would be better to pay? You did try to negotiate with them didn't you? I thought you had mentioned that before. Maybe you should ask Junum for assistance? I'm not sure if disputing would work since they have recently updated this. It looks like it is still fresh in their files, but it is worth a try. I feel this is dragging his score MAJORLY.
    On the otherhand, I bet your score is AWESOME! ;-)

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Miles, the way this is reported looks somewhat wrong to me. I tried several times to settle this even got another threatening letter today final notice yeah about the fifth one, they won't budge at all I even wrote to the president of PECO energy no dice. Still don't know my score and at this rate don't know if I ever will lol. I was hesitant about Junum b/c it is only one item but if this is killing him that much it may be worth the shot??

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mom of 3,
    Any collection or negative definitely damage your credit score or lower your score. That means it hurt you getting credit cards or better credit card deals such as low APR,rewards,no annual fees etc.