Should I accept 1st Premier's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Feb 13, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Just received another offer in the mail. This was after being approved for Orchard MC.

2. JP

JP Guest

RE: Should I accept 1st Premie

This card is loaded with fees. Unless you absolutely can't get any other card, don't take it.

Just my 2 cents.

3. mother2

Never mind...too many fees!

4. mother2

Thanks, I just realized that.

This is one card I DECLINE! :eek:)

5. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Unless you're really desperate, I'd stay away from 1st Premier.

No, I didn't have any problems with them...all of my payments were posted timely...but the confounded card cost wayyy more than it was worth! For example, before I ever used the blasted thing, nearly $200 in processing fees were already charged to it. I doubt if you need that. Plus, you could do without the high interest.

Also, if you think Orchard is stingy, 1st Premier is even worse! My history with them was perfect. My payments were never late and I never went over my meager limit.

Initially, I was granted a $400 limit. Six month later, I begrudgingly paid the $25 to get an increase and that raised the grand total to $500.

According to my understanding, 1st Premier only asked you to pay an increase fee the first time you are eligible, which is six months after you've had the card. So, when my next six-month period was up, I waited to see what kind of an increase 1st Premier would grant. Are you ready? Drumroll please. It was a whopping $50! hehehehehe Wasn't that generous! So now my credit limit was $550!

To make a long story short, I canceled the card last week. I would have done it sooner but I wanted to make it through one year.

Trust me! You don't need this card! There are better ones out there! Try Providian or Capital One.

Good luck.

Donna

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Absolutely Not

If you already have Orchard, which is not a very good card, you're still way past the point where you need First Premier.

I believe that Orchard, Capital One, and Providian are as far subprime as anyone should ever go. If your credit isn't good enough for those three, then you need a secured card instead.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Heck NO.

Only if you cannot get credit from anywhere else. The fee's are outrageous. Does your credit warrant such a pitiful offer. Pass.

roni

8. mother2

Thanks guys! :eek:)

thanks guys. :eek:)