Should I file chapter 13 bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by victoryvic, Oct 2, 2003.

1. victoryvic

victoryvic Member

I recently lost a second job and have had a mess going on with my dishonest mortgage company US Bank ( too long to tell you how they got me into to for-closure) mortgage now in foreclosure and I have about $10,000 in credit card bills current with auto. Will this save my house US bank is not being honest as to working with me. The credit card interest rates are very very high due to missed payments suggestions please. also is a voluntary repossession very very bad. If not I will give up my car at 347 a month (at 1.9% interest rate) plus 100 dollars a month for insurance I wounder if I will ever beable to get another house financed or get another car. I need to make the decision fairly quickly US bank is appears to be screwing me around.

2. far gone

far gone Well-Known Member

chapter 13 will save your house it saved mine and I am thankfull that there are programs out here to help people like you and I. I say go for it your credit is already shot and ch. 13 will help get you back on track...now you have to have a job in order to file so I hope you have one.

3. victoryvic

victoryvic Member

far gone can you tell me more like how you did it and how your credit is coming along and emotionally how did it feel I feel awful. what happened to the credit card bills?

4. far gone

far gone Well-Known Member

I was not in any credit card debt. I owed maybe 700 total on all my credit cards I did it to save my house and I feel wonderful that I did it. I went to a very reputable company here in ga. Sat down with all the bills I wanted to put on the bk including my taxes that I owed. Total debt was like 30,000 I pay 115 every pay period it is taken out of my check I am doing this for 3 years and then I will have no debts. If you want to keep your home then file it is definitely worth it. Once I filed and realized that the bill collectors stop calling and made my first mortgage payment since march 2003 I felt good. Don't be embarrassed we all have hard times I lost my job 55,000 a years and was busted down to unemployment at 295 a week with a 1160 a month mortgage. I worked hard for my house and I wanted to keep it. I had found a job 1 week before they were going to foreclose on my home went and filed on a sat the paperwork was in the courts by thurs and I was relieved. The total cost up front for me was 185.00. But 1500 is what the lawyer is charging but it is added into my bk. Again don't be ashame it is a fresh start for those of us who had financial difficulties. Also you cannot buy anything on credit. But hell I wouldn't't have been able to anyway since my credit was shot to hell do to not working. Let me know how it works out. If you want to talk further you can e mail me at chriss.thomas@taxpartners.com. Good Luck!!!!

5. victoryvic

victoryvic Member

Thnak you so much for letting me know I can file right before hearing of the forclosure. I can breath a little knowing I have some time. And like you said I worked hard for my huse have children and do not wan tto loose my house. I will e-mail you later with soem specific questions. But thank you so much I am glad we have this forum to have disc. and help each other . with out it I would have felt so extremely alone. My debt that ican discharge is only about 10,000 if that but again te objectiv is to save my house.

6. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

gool luck vic