Should I file for Bankruptcy?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Feb 16, 2001.

1. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Should I file for Bankrupt

Molly,

At your age with $30K in debt,I say file bankruptcy and enjoy your senior years. There's really no point in worrying about debt you are unable to pay, not to mention, you probably won't need credit for a while after your discharge. You can reaffirm some of your smaller debts if you want to keep one of your credit cards for future use.

I agree with Dani's suggestion that you look into a reverse mortgage if you own your home. My Mom took one out a year ago, and although her home is not worth alot, the money she receives each month is a big help.
    As far as having nothing left for your heirs, a reverse mortgage only lets you borrow a portion of the equity in your home, so it is possible that your heirs will have a small inheritance if they choose to sell the house after your death. In my Mom's case, I could care less about what happens to the house after her death--I'd much rather she be comfortable while she's alive!

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

RE: Should I file for Bankrupt

Here here! That sounds great! Enjoying her years is what it is all about, Carrot. Thanks for helping Molly out!