should i get it?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by paul, Sep 17, 2000.

1. paul

paul Guest

I applied for a direct merchants bank card online they denied me but sent me an application for a secured card.For 99.00 they say i'll get a 500.00 credit line.There is a 30.00 annual fee.Anyone out there have this card?Will I get it faster if i pay the 99.00 by check or money order?Is this bank any good?
    Thanks

2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I used to be a big defender of this bank, but I'm not sure anymore. Worst thing about them is they won't credit payments back to you as available credit for 15 days. I used to see the logic in it when I paid by check, but now they are allowing online payments and still waiting 15 days, which is BS. The true test will come in December in my tenth month. I have all but been promised that it will go unsecured and be raised to $1000, and the 15 day hold will go away. Other than this, they have been ok.

3. sha

sha Guest

I Have a Direct merchants bank card. When I first Recived it in the Mail it had a 2000 dollar limit. Which was a shocker since i haven't had any cards over a 1000. about 7 months later they gave me a 600 increase . the interest rate isn't high though 24% and they had just started reporting to experian . not the 2 other credit beaures.