Should I or Shouldn't I.?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Jan 10, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Now dont go biting my head off, but I am thinking about applying for a home mortgage just to get a peak at my credit scores. I know it is somewhere between 620-650. But I am curious. Should I? I dont plan to purchase for real until quite a while, like 18-24 months.

roni

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I did

Well I did this Roni myself back in October and I am honestly glad that I did I had NO idea what my scores were and I was quite shocked to say the least, I thought I would fair better than hubby but I was wrong. Yes it cost me 2 inquires on 2 reports and one on another but to me it was worth it to see my scores and get my merged report to see what factored into the scoring. And as you have said you have all the credit you need right now and if you aren't planning to get it til 18-24 months these little inquires won't hurt a bit. I say go for it:)

Mom

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: I did one more thing

Don't be surprised if Experian is lower because of the limits not being reported, but if you don't have balances then it wouldn't really hurt.

Mom

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

What kind of agency should I go to? I might go in the morning before I go to work.

roni

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not sure Roni, I did mine through an online mortgage site, they ran my reports and told me my scores in 2 days, no charge of course just the inquires.

Mom

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

So you didnot go into an office. Which online agency would you recommend. The Ohio people wouldnot tell me exactly.

roni

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

No I went to loanwhiz.com at first when I got my scores. I am now dealing with metloan.net but they haven't ran my scores yet but would if I asked them too. I was too crazy about loanwhiz myself but atleast I got my scores. others may have better suggestions for you

8. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: I did

I agree with Mom, Roni. It would be better for you to know your score now so you know what to do to improve it if you have to. An inquiry now is much better than waiting until it gets close to your purchase time. Believe me, the longer you wait, the more anxious you will become. You can only resist knowing for so long. You would eventually give in. Good luck to you! :)

9. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

I talked to the folks at Fair, Isaac just after X-mas. They said their FICO scores would be available to consumers in about one month. You might want to save the inquiry and wait 2-3 weeks to get the score from them.

10. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Fess up!

What did the folks at FICO say? I see TU is going to give a score (was supposed to be doing that already) but it isn't FICO. Will it be given free of charge with credit reports, or cost?

Interrogation time, hehehe :)
    Kelly

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Free with purchase...

NOT F.I.C.O.

12. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I know about TU not giving true FICO, Cricket said she spoke with Fair Isaac. However, my question seems to have been answered by Equifax and Fair Isaac's press release. Good news! :)

My Equifax report is my least favorable. So I'll know my Beacon score is the lowest.

Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer!

Kelly

13. David W

David W Guest

Roni,

If you want I can pull your tri-merged bureau for you. Call me for a "loan app" and I'll get you your scores and let you know where you stand on a mortgage with Bank of America.

David W
    800-376-8769 ext 7594
    David.Wacaser@BankofAmerica.com

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Will do.

. will call friday