Should I try again or wait?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by c5kirk, Apr 27, 2001.

  1. c5kirk

    c5kirk Well-Known Member

    I applied for an AmEx Platinum 2 days ago. Just called their 800 # to check status and was denied :( My situation is following:

    Income (last year): $170,000.00
    Citibank AA Gold: $9k limit - $1800 balance
    Citibank AA Silver: $9k limit - $0 balance

    Only other debts are $350/month car payment & $1800/month mortgage (both R1 status).

    I'm wondering if I should go ahead and apply for a regular Green AmEx and work my way up or wait until I get the rejection letter and find out what it says. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
  2. Dani

    Dani Well-Known Member


    I would try applying for the Amex Blue or the Amex Gold. I don't why they wouldn't accept you for the Plantinum your income and credit is great. I don't believe you will have any problem getting the Gold or Blue. Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

  3. c5kirk

    c5kirk Well-Known Member

    Forgot to mention... just got my FICO about 2 weeks ago and it was 703 (this was the middle score obtained from a mortgage lender). Thanks again for any advice.
  4. Concerned

    Concerned Well-Known Member

    My boyfriend had very similar credit and income and he applied for the gold, got it. After 6 months they offered him the platinum and keep offering him platinum every few months. (At 300 bucks a year, it is not worth it to him.) Call them and ask if you qualify for the Green or Gold, don't just reapply. It'll save you the inquiry. Good luck.
  5. Dani

    Dani Well-Known Member


    I have an Amex Blue and they approved with a FICO score of 690 (approximately). Go for it. You should have no problem. It's a good card with great customer service.


Share This Page