Should I try for Aspire ...???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MartysGirl, Jul 13, 2001.

1. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

I remember seeing on this board that Aspire pulls Experian. If... I have only have one positive tradeline (Wachovia visa) with and a collection account with Experian do you think I should apply?? If they pull Trans Union I have one positive tradeline and No negatives. What do you guys think??

I don't want all the inquires if I can get around it!

2. MartysGirl

I forgot to add that ......I don't know my Score b/c of a Fraud Alert...!!!

MartysGirl

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

No, Aspire is just a god-awful. Aspire will take you to the cleaners. You can do better with what negatives that you have posted.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. MartysGirl

Then.. Which Credit Card should I apply for??

I really don't want to apply for Capitol One b/c they pull all 3 and that's 3 Hard Inquires plus my Equifax report is a different story

Any Suggestions???

Ohh ...I forgot to say that my Wachovia CC is listed as Paid as Agreed, never late, Closed by consumer (this month), over 155 months active, Which it was closed last year but... they have updated several times and they leave it as closed whatever month they update. Not sure why? But... I guess it looks better so I don't care.

Thanks Again

MartysGirl

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Aspire pulled TU on me, and their terms are horrible. Just say no. If your score is low, try CapOne, Orchard, and maybe Providian. If your score is around 650, go for Citibank!

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I think Aspire's APR is borderline usury! I would try for a better card than Aspire.

CapOne pulled TU and Experian for me. Not that I can attest to your getting the card but I had TERRIBLE credit. I had not begun disputing yet and I think I was around 600 on Eq and 633 on Experian (I did not know my TU score when I began). After I started my clean up effort, I began to get offers, one of which was from Aspire and I laughed at their % rates.

I would try ANYTHING other than Aspire if I were you...well not Anything...but I would try Providian,CapOne or one of the cards people recommend here for credit rebuilding. I know I tried CapOne because if I was rejected for the unsecured card, they would consider me for a secured card...others do this as well, but I know CapOne will give you a card with the same inquiry secured/unsecured.

-Dave

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Why not the Aria/Get smart card discussed earlier?

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Wachovia is a great bank. I used to have their Prime for Life card.
    Why not call Wachovia, tell them you want to reopen
    if they give you a higher limit and/or a better rate?

Also, do the math:
    Aspire interest rate 25-40%
    Wachovia 7-21%

c ya dogman