Should I use Planetfeedback?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 10, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Got a question:

Due to the success of many using PlanetFeedback (and I've had some success with Providian MC),
    I was wondering if I should try to do something with retailers Nationa Bank
    (Target/Hudson's/Marshall Fields).

I asked this question once before and no one could help. So maybe there's someone who NOW can...

Here's the situation:
    Back in 98, I hit hard times. My Hudson's card went 60 days late. I entered into CCCS and they
    accepted my payment arrangements. All the while, they continued to report my account 60 days
    late. I believe I was told (can't remember at this point, I'll have to check my letter) that they would age my account after 90 days of on-time payments and after I completed the program, they would reopen my account. More than a year later, I get my CRA and they have successfully reported my account 60days past due for the last 13 months!!!!

I've written them 2 times myself, regarding the situation and haven't received any info from them that they even received my letters. I finished CCCS and they reopened my account last Jan...and my limits have increased successfully from 300 to 1100. I've had no lates or OTLs.

Should I try Planetfeedback?

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Good god, yes. What the **** are they doing. They accepted your payments and agreed to make you permanently 60 days late until you pay it off? They have got some serious nerve!

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shantel,

What happened with Planet Feedback and the Providian mc?

4. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Hey Jim...how funny that you should remember!!!

Well, I NEVER heard anything back from Providian. Not even an acknowledgement that I even SENT a letter.

A month or so after I sent the letter though, I received an increase offer in the mail. $500 for $29.

I called them about 3 weeks ago to find out if I had access to that CL increase yet and they'd actually increased it another $1100!!! So I paid for $500, got an additional $1100. I can only think that's because of the Planetfeedback letter because when I called for an increase, I was told that I was OTL in Jan and that I'd have to wait another 3 or 4 months. My Providian MC credit line stands at $2600.

By the way, I had just gotten a $100 increase the month before.