Should I?????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 18, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am seriously thinking about calling Citibank and asking for them to combine my silver and gold accounts, I have been so worried about tradelines, that would help a wee bit. Should I do it now, or should I wait til I pay off the silver this month?? What you guys think???

Mom

2. John Debto

John Debto Guest

Dear Mom,

I think you are credit obsessed to the point of insanity.

I think you should stop it.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

What?????

Well thanks, looking for a nicer answer than that. Credit obessed I don;t think so.

4. Killer

Killer Guest

She didn't ask for a pscho-analsys (and who cares if I spelled it wrong!) but ask for opinions on credit cards. There is a difference you know. This is a credit board not pschology chat. Save it for Frazier's radio talk show.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Killer

Yes lovely reply I got, well I really don't pay much attention to those type of replies, just rolls off my back. Most people here offer some great advice and don't call somebody insane. I just know to stay away from his replies from now on:)

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

hey debtor

If a name like John Debtor, I'd say you should take your credit more seriously. Dont try to diss Mom.

roni,

John Debtor wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Dear Mom,

I think you are credit obsessed to the point of insanity.

I think you should stop it.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

my last bite with this

If trying to improve my scores for the best possible mortgae rate, than yes I am GULITY AS charged. I was preapproved for loan at 8%, but with the rate at 7.39% today, I want that rate, you can do the math. So yes I may very well be obessed with getting the best loan avaliable. insane I think not just smart:)

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

:)

9. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

RE: my last bite with this

Good idea to always strive for the best possible rate. I don't believe the number of lines has much of an effect. Your debt to asset ratio does. Combining accounts as long as the limit is a combined limit should be a goal, combining accounts just to lower the number of accounts may not be such a good idea. Just my opinion.

http://www.creditsense.com

10. Citibank r

Citibank r Guest

Its really not the number of lines you have that affects you. Its the amount of unused lines you have. If you have an account that has a 0 balance and you havent used it for a long time. thats when you would want to combine that account with one that you do use. Allot of customers wha have called me have actuualy been told to do this by the people who where trying to approve their loans.

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks CW

Yes I understand what you are saying, if I combine I of course want my total limits combined so it would hurt ratio. that is what is confusing to me though, some say you need only xxx amounts of tradelines others say you need this xx amount of tradelines. I just want my scores to look well before mortgage time.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

citibank rep

I had heard from another poster about combining silver and gold accounts, she had her combined with both limits to just gold card. i also have silver amd gold and was just thinking about going that route.

13. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

correction

I meant to say wouldn't hurt ratios:)

14. Saar

Saar Banned

Citi rep,

Could you please post your e-mail address? If you'd prefer not to write it in a public forum, please e-mail me: SAAR1 at USA dot NET (format used to prevent auto address capture).

Thanks, and I appreciate your help here on CreditNet.

Saar

15. Saar

Saar Banned

I have yet to see you post something that is actually helpful.

Saar

16. citibank r

citibank r Guest

momof3

personally if I where you I would ask youre mortgage company what to do. It would be impossible to determine exactly what you should do because each mortgage company has different standards. But before you do anything get a letter of intent from them. This is more than just a pre-approval. This is a letter from the mortgage company stating that if you promise to do certain things that they want you to do to your credit report (like close accounts ar combine them) that they will definitely approve your mortgage. the only reason a am saying this is because if I tell you to do one thing the mortgage company may have a totally different opinion and I wouldnt want them to deny youre mortgage because of something I told you to do.

17. citibank r

citibank r Guest

I'm sorry saar but I'm cant give out my email address. Citibank prohibits its reps from giving out their names. My email address happens to be myname@hotmail.com. I have actually seen reps fired for giving out their names and email adresses. One of them was fired for conversing with a customer online through email. I still haven't figured out how that rep was caught but he was a friend of mine and I wouldnt want to end up fired like he was.

18. Saar

Saar Banned

I understand. Thanks.

Saar

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

citibank rep

Thanks, actually we are not getting mortgage until next summer, I was trying to do what looked best in regards to my reports. And my lender really didn't seem too concerned about my accounts, actually I am looking for a better lender right now. I was just attempting to do what I thought would look better.

20. the other

the other Well-Known Member

RE: momof3

My lender issued aa actual commitment letter that had conditions I had to meet. For example, insurance binder and receipt, and letter from student loan company that the loans were in deferment. If they have a problem with the number of accounts, they may issue a commitment letter with a condition that you provide proof the acount "x" is closed.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the lender says they have a problem.