ShyGuy - Texaco Card Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mvfl, Feb 22, 2001.

1. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I read in your previous post that you can pay your Texaco account online. Do you have the link to the online payment site? I've looked on the Texaco site and haven't found anything, but haven't looked lately. Also - does your Texaco account report to the CRA's? Mine doesn't.

2. mvfl

mvfl Guest

RE: ShyGuy - Texaco Card Quest

Nevermind about the link - I just found it on the Texaco site. But I'd still like to know if they report your account to the CRA's?

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

No they don't. The Associates/Citibank most likely would want to keep our credit lines / accounts private for WHO KNOWS WHAT REASON. :)

4. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Citibank? Do they own Associates?

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yes they do! One big happy family! :)

6. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Interesting! Years ago while in college I had a Citibank Visa that they charged off. The debt was eventually sold to some collection agency. I disputed the debt last year with Citibank and they couldn't verify so it was deleted. I've had my Texaco card for about a year and have always paid on time. I just got an offer in the mail today from Citibank for the Platinum Select with a BT rate of 2.9%. I wonder if they sent that to me because of Texaco? I sent away for it, but they'll probably deny me if they figure out I had that old charge-off.

7. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

My Texaco card doesn't report.

I pay it from a link on http://www.texacocard.com/checkfree.htm. The online payment works great.

Associates was recently bought by Citibank (which was included in my Chapter 7). Texaco was recently bought by Chevron (which won't grant credit cards to people with a BK in the past five years). Who knows what will happen to my Texaco card now.

8. river

river Well-Known Member

I think the only 2 things that will happen is:I have Chevron and they report monthly to all three CR's and like you said: they bought out Texaco,Which could mean your Texaco card will be reported.And secondly,the two cards might merger and become one.You will not lose your card,just get better.Just to have it reported would be a pleaser.