Sick aaaaand tired...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hal, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Does anyone else get frustrated dealing with CRA's and collection agencies. I have a few stubborn accounts that the CRA's keep "verifying" and the creditors and/or collectors simply don't respond to communication.

Is it a good idea to take a "break" from requesting verifications/corrections or should one just keep plugging away?

I'm very interested in anyone's experiences and opintions on this.

Thanks in advance!

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Hal:

I don't fiddle with the credit bureaus anymore, as you probably are well aware and are also obviously well aware of why I don't fiddle with them much. So I"ll not go into that.

I also don't care whether or not the creditors or collection agencies answer or not. I rather hope they don't. Why?

Because that leaves me free to move on to the Estoppel letter with no harrassment or interruptions.

I send the estoppel letter and they still don't answer me. That's fine too. Don't bother me in the least. Why?

Because that leaves me free to move on to the demand for payment letter with no harrassment or interruptions.

I send the demand for payment letter and they still don't answer me. That's fine too. Don't bother me in the least. Why?

Because that leaves me clear to send them the intent to file suit letter and they still don't answer me. That's fine too. don't bother me in the least. why?

Because that leaves me free to file suit on them in a court of my choice and hope they still don't answer me and that would leave me (or my customer) with a nice fat judgement against them which is enforceable against any assets they might have. Their bank accounts, their vehicles, their office equipment. Whatever.

Just how much ignoring do you think they are capable of doing?

Quite truthfully, I have no silly idea because I have yet to find one so dumb as to ignore all of that.

3. Jeff

Jeff Guest

....And it's fun too!

A satisfied Creditwrench client.

4. chelechele

chelechele Well-Known Member

Te he..and an enjoyable pasttime. :)

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

This reminds me of an old old steve martin joke that has something to do with a bear and the pope...but the gist is, "are you kidding? Yeah!"

But I think that's part of it-they WANT you to get sick of it; they do things on their schedule, within their guidelines, at their whim. When you decide to quit, then they win, or at least don't have to put any effort into researching your query.

But, realistically, what I do when a particular thing becomes annoying as all get out is rotate-among the 3 reports. Among creditors. My results w/ one CRA gives me some hints as to what creditors are gonna do on the next CRA dispute. As for collection accounts, just keep your paper trail, and stay persistent.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yup, they use your own frustration to defeat you.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

There is no need to let that happen to you.
    One must simply develop a time table and a set of actions to be performied at a given time and just keep on truckin.

Then all of a sudden they wake up and realize they have been shoved too far and didn't react soon enough.

And then it's crying time for them

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hal,
    I read your question in disbelief. Why, dealing with the credit bureaus and their beloved collection agencies, well, frustrating is not the word I would use. It's pure joy..loving, caring people working hard to do their best job for us credit users....whatever could you have been thinking with your harsh words?

ROFLMAO.............NOOOT...I almost puked writing that...ugh, ugh..frustrated? YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Yuck!