Side note, Citibank inquiry

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I have my hubby's recent TU and Equifax, citibank isn't on either. So they had to have pulled Experian, funny though the defintely pulled Equifax on me!! Strange same household different agency. Anybody have them pull Experian???

2. ryan

ryan Guest

RE: Side note, Citibank inquir

They pulled TransUnion on me...

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Did they pull same reports for both cards on you????

4. ryan

ryan Guest

I only applied for the Silver AA card. I was declined, so I'm going to get the secured card. I wanted them to use the same app (and not pull another report) -- but she told me that I had to mail in a new application.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I think that is sooo stupid, I mean they already have your report, why pull it again. I was reading a post from earlier I was mad b/c the silver card didin't offer balance transfers but the poster stated that they would consider it but had to pull another report, which is dumb to me they just pulled it!! So I will pass on that, I don't want another inquiry and lord knows who they'd pull this time!

6. ryan

ryan Guest

sorry....I didn't read the subject close enough :) (the ..Roni) guess it was just my $0.02 worth then =)

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

As far as I know, any credit reports pulled by the same credit grantor in 30 days are considered unnecessary by credit reporting agencies and are always removed when you ask...just make sure they remove the newest inquires.
    I HAD THREE IN TWO DAYS WITH ONE CREDIT GRANTOR.

8. ryan

ryan Guest

I'm not sure if I'll make it in under 30 days. I applied nearly 2 weeks ago now, and if they mail me the app, and by the time I get it back to them.....it would be VERY close =)

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

yes, i only see citi on my transunion, thank god. not equifax(myworst),

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

they dont really care about our inquiries thats why.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks george.

thanks for that info. I will look into that.i have multiple inq. from amex in 30 days.

12. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

GEORGE wrote:
    -------------------------------
    As far as I know, any credit reports pulled by the same credit grantor in 30 days are considered unnecessary by credit reporting agencies and are always removed when you ask...just make sure they remove the newest inquires.
    I HAD THREE IN TWO DAYS WITH ONE CREDIT GRANTOR.

George,
    You stated, that they will remove the multiple inquiries with in a 30 day period from the same agency, if you request it. With who do we have to request it, creditor or CRA's?

Thanks in Advance

Reshod

13. miles

miles Well-Known Member

They pulled Equifax on me. I was declined due to an old creditor that was PAID in a chapter 13 bk over 11 years ago re-reporting (if that's a word :) ) this paid account for the 2nd time past the legal reporting period. Citi states they should give me a card if the info is corrected. I sent Equifax a letter and called for good measure. They have deleted this item & as soon as I receive my updated report, I will fax it to Citi. Wish me luck! :)

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Credit Reporting Agency

15. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I tried that with Equifax, I have 2 sets of duplicate inquiries and they said NO, they don't handle any inquiry disputes, I must contact creditor which I did and still nothing:(

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Equifax wouldn't do it for me? Who did this work with for you George???

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Good Luck Miles:)

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

trw

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have my fingers crossed miles.

roni.

20. Saar

Saar Banned

George,

Which Bureau did you try this with? Thanks.

Saar