Single Mother trying to re-est

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Jan 31, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I received a pre-approved application for Orchard MC. I called in and used the code on the app. to try and get a mc.

I've cleaned up my credit report as much as I could. All bad debt were due to divorce back in 1996. All 9 charge-off accounts are paid in full, 2 collection accounts paid in full, and I've manage to obtain a car loan in October. I gross around 40k a yr and my debt to income ratio is less than 10%. However, I don't know my credit score.

Do you think I'll be approved for this mc? Is this card secured or unsecured.

2. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: Single Mother trying to re

If you have "ALL" charge-offs and collections "PAID",I would start disputing them with all 3 credit agencies and see how many come back "verified". Chances are,right off you could have al least 1/2 or possibily more removed due to creditors "not verifing "because they are "paid".Best bet to know what a difference between scores "before" and "after" would be to find out what score is "before" disputes and then find out score "after" your disputes . You will probably see what a diffence "disputing and removal of negativity" on reports can make.CAll all three credit agencies and order reports. Get all 3 and see where you need to "start" and go from there.Really, all you would have to do is follow this board and get a"step by step" walk thru with cleaning up credit reports by some of the best knowledgeable people here. It has done wonders for me in just 4 months,drastically!Sorry to have gotten so long winded with this message.

3. mother2

Thank you very much.

I've received 2 credit reports (Experian and Equifax). I don't know what's taking TU so long.

I will send out disputes today. Also, someone told me that I should have my previous address removed. How do I go about that??

4. river

river Well-Known Member

Add in disputes or call credit agency.

5. Carl Thoma

Carl Thoma Guest

You should have no problem getting Orchard. Although you may want to apply for another subprime like Cap 1 or Providian. Orchard is at the very bottom of the tank.

6. mother2

Thanks, that's good to know. I'll wait 6 months before applying for another one.