Site to Collect CRA/Creditor/S

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by John S, Jan 22, 2001.

1. John S

John S Guest

I'm a developer (web programmer) by trade, and I have my own hosting setup (IIS/SQL Server).

Is there any interest in me developing a web application that collects the creditor names, the state you live in, and the CRA(s) that they use when checking credit? It would be an easy way to help people check a potential creditor BEFORE they take a hit on their resume.

You would be able to search by creditor or by (your) state.

Please respond to let me know if there is any interest.

This would, of course, be a free site. I have no intentions to charge any money for any of this.

Thanks.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Site to Collect CRA/Credit

That's sound great. Count me in:)

mom

3. sph

sph Guest

Awesome, go for it!

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Yeah! Sounds like a great plan! Once I get my updated reports back (from Junum disputing) I will fill you in on the details. So count me in. I think with everyone's help, we can determine a lot!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Good idea. May I suggest:

1. "your State at the time of application", as opposed to just "your State".

2. Output would show how many users reported each combination.

That could be a great tool for everyone here.

Saar

6. John S

John S Guest

We'll wait to see how much interest we have in the next day or so, then move on.

I've already designed the database schema. I already have tables that facilitate city/state lookup based on zip code alone, so that should help expedite data entry for the users (just enter your zip code).

This includes DMA (metropolitain areas) as well, because a credtior may use a different CRA for it's HOUSTON,TX applicants, versus it's DALLAS,TX applicants, even though they are in both Texas.

I'm also planning a table to house creditor information, so that people can pick the creditor from a list instead of typing in the name and contact info every time. And they can add new creditors if not in there.

I like the idea of aggregating the creditor/CRA/state combinations. I'll work that into it.

If I get enough interest, either in reply here or to my email address (jshimmer@zdnetonebox.com), I'll go forward with the idea.

7. Larry

Larry Guest

That site is a must have.

8. AZMDX

AZMDX Guest

Great idea!

9. Marla

Marla Guest

This is definitely needed! I look forward to seeing the results!!

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

John,

I think it is a great idea. I would participate at such a site.

Marci

11. Laura

Laura Guest

Yes!!

12. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Outstanding idea,because everybody has one CRA report better then another! Keep us posted!

13. Rob

Rob Guest

** Dooooo it!!~

I am already excited about it!!!~ *

*Rob*~