Small Claims Court help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dcj120, Aug 4, 2003.

1. dcj120

dcj120 Member

Is it really possible to use small claims court in the state of Georgia to dispute a invalid amount on my credit report. A collection company working for Alamo car rental is reporting a past due balance of $1300 on my credit report that is not valid. It is killing my credit score.

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Did you send the ca the val.letter>?

3. dcj120

dcj120 Member

?????

4. tiger00

tiger00 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Small Claims Court help

dcj120 it looks like you are pretty new, and WELCOME!!! Start off with reading the FAQ's and "must reads." Not to sound standoffish, but it's tough to provide advice if you 1) don't understand the venacular 2) don't understand the processes.

5. dcj120

dcj120 Member

I am fluent in French; but on my first day of class I did not know one word of french. If you can tell where to find the infrmation; I will learn and understand. I reviewed the FAQ; but I still dont understand what the following two items mean. 1) don't understand the venacular 2) don't understand the processes.

6. tiger00

tiger00 Well-Known Member

Try starting here:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...php?s=&threadid=29734&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

Then look at this:
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42188
    It explains the validation process.

It took me several months of reading on this board before I jumped in with both feet. Don't feel that users are trying to ignore you, it's just that your question is very similar to ones that have been asked 500+ times before (I did the same thing when I started, don't feel bad).

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

yes you can in Georgia. In some counties you can sue for 15k in small claims. Check your county court.

Read www.mix6.com. that may help you.