small victory at capital one t

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Feb 5, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

1. Got my $39/yearly fee removed from the account with security deposit.

2. Got my gold card monthly reduced to $24/year annual fee, instead of monthly fee, in which they had to increase my line by $100 to put the pro-rata fee on (smells like aria).

He said the computer makes these offers every 2 cycles (4-6 months), and i should call back in 4 months and ask for more items. The account manager said the computers make these offers to them, and they just press yes or no on them.

The most pleasant "Retention" person i've ever talked to!

They stated the specialty account (Secured) must be unsecured to get a interest rate reduction to less than 19.8%, and must be un-secured before they can merge the lines together. otherwise i'd have both credit lines put into the security deposit account which i don't want since i want both lines on the gold card.

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

RE: small victory at capital o

Hey, I had a small victory, too. I call retention directly and I got a credit limit increase today before my 6 month period was up, the rep told me to call back a few months later to reduce my APR and told me to call back when my annual fee is billed to have it removed.

I learned this about retention in any company. If you start the conversation nicely and the rep sounds nice and laughs with you (as my rep did) you have a great chance of getting what you want!

Marci

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: same here!

I spent about 5 minutes having a great conversation about internet security and how i work at an ISP, and how poor security was, and how my account recently got stolen by the russians!!

The guy was very pleasant, and pretty funny (no im not gay).

I was suprised the guy offered "To check for any offers on your other cards" while i was there.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: small victory at capital o

Sam wrote:
    "They stated the specialty account (Secured) must be unsecured to get a interest rate reduction to less than 19.8%"

Unfortunately, you were lied to. This is exactly what they were willing to do for me. But still, it was a very good experience for you. Keep trying!

Saar

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: happy for now

I'm happy for now. Since i don't roll a balance on my capital one cards ever, 19.8% or 16.8% doesnt mean much.

The yearly fees do cost me $$.

So depending on how you use your card :)

I am pretty happy for today.

6. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

Just a note I to had a secured card after 8mo. was upgraded to gold and intrest rate droped to 12.9 but no big limit increases also I just was able to unsecure the card 18mo. old.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

gold secured card? Is that what your saying?

cool.

Well, the gold card from cap 1 is ugly, why would anyone spell a GIANT "GOLD" on it. Duh, its colored gold. Its like wearing clothes for the brand label printed on the front "FUBU" or whatever.

understating is more respectable.