So very angry with Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MT, Oct 31, 2001.

1. MT

MT Well-Known Member

Two collections that were disputed almost a year ago and removed from my report are on my report again. I compared against my very first Equifax report from last year and all of the information is the same, including the dates, etc. etc. I'm so totally p-o'd right now. I don't think of myself as a violent person, but I'm so angry I could knock someone silly over this!

Oh, to top it all off, my score is now 559, that's almost 75 points lower than the last time I checked in October.

2. MT

MT Well-Known Member

I've just written two very nasty disputes. It was all I could do to be civil. The sarcasm level in my letter, as well as my current blood pressure, is at an all-time-high

3. OtherTerri

OtherTerri Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear that, MT. Hope they will remove them permanently.
    I have not tried this yet, but perhaps you should go about it through the creditor, or use a validation letter....

Experts?????

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

The cra must, per the FCRA, notify you within 5 days of reinserting this. If they didn't they are in violation. That should be included in your dispute to the cra.

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Congradulations: now your insurers and creditors can raise all of your rates!Ain't it nice?

6. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Look what i got in the mail today. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.

7. lbrown59

Oops typo: Congratulations

8. lbrown59

What did U get?

9. anna

anna Well-Known Member

I meant to look in the mail call thread. My hubby got an "update" from Equifax with a similar problem.