Soft INQ's - Experian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

We've seen the 2 types of soft INQ's on the TransUnion reports.

Here's part of what the Experian web site says when you try to dispute a PRM INQ:

"[blah blah blah] we do not display these request to anyone other than you, and THEY DO NOT IMPACT YOUR CREDITWORTHINESS".

The fact TU has 2 categories for soft INQ's, whereas Experian has only one, may suggest the 2 bureaus do not consider PRM INQ's the same. We can only guess what's going on w/ Equifax.

Saar

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I disputed all my soft inquiries on creditexpert - they removed every one except the Creditexpert inquiries.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

I've just tried doing it w/ CE - and this is the message that popped up saying I can't.

Are you 100% sure they were soft? Can you try disputing a soft right now?

Saar

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Some soft inquiries can be disputed, some can't , you will have to click on each individually to find out which can and which can't be disputed.

But anyway I got 4 soft inquiries deleted via CE but they don't to effect my scores at all.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes, you're right, I've just tried it and it does allow disputing some of them. So we still don't know whether Experian does or doesn't have an undisclosed internal coding of soft INQ's.

Saar

6. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

All my softs were disputable except the ones listed for Experian itself and Creditexpert.

I do notice Creditexpert is not consistent with what they will allow you to dispute. Initially I was able to dispute my personal information that they listed incorrectly such as addresses etc and it was deleted. Now no investigation button even appears for my personal information.

Some accounts that I disputed as "Not mine" that came back verified, and I knew were not mine I have been able to redispute for the same reason. Others come back verified and if I try to enter an online dispute after the first "verified" I get the message "we have already verified this account" regardless of the reason I choose for disputing.