Soft Inquiry Deleted & Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by NanaC, Jul 23, 2001.

1. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I haven't had much luck with inquiries but hubby had a soft inquiry deleted today..I'll let you know if CE reflects anything different due to this when it updates.

I have a second question..I am assuming that someone looking at my credit report as a soft inquiry might be an indicator of an offer coming, right?

So, for instance, if a company looks at your credit by soft inquiry, about how long afterwards should you receive the offer if you are going to receive one? Is there a general time frame? Say, they look at it and 2 weeks later you get the offer or 1 month later?

Thanks!

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Hey Nana-

Capital One pulled a soft inquiry on Equifax 5/25. I received a "pre-approved offer" for a Cap One gold card approximately 10 days later, with an expiration of 6/30/01. The week of July 4, I got basically the same offer from cap one.

Whether it is coincidence or what, I had just asked Capital One to close another account that I had with them in April.

3. tony123

tony123 Well-Known Member

question.......which inquiry should i dispute on my c/r , the one viewed by others-- R--the ones the c/b claims "viewed only by me."

4. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Experian will not let me dispute soft inquiries. How did you do it?

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Keltexx

Ok.. I am disputing soft inquiries to see if they do or do not (as claimed) cause score changes (thanks for the idea, Leo!)

It does not allow me to dispute some of the soft inquires..but some it does..it's a matter of trying to see which ones will be allowed.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Thanks NanaC!

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Sure, glad to help!

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Actually, like nanac says, some of them are disputable, some aren't. Just click on it and see if it's disputable.

I should not matter, since they are only viewable by you. But my credit report would sure would look a lot neater without all those soft inquiries clogging up the report.

And btw we are talking about the EX report.

9. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Wow, I disputed a bunch of soft inquiries 2 days ago, there all gone!!!. My report sure looks clean, used to be that I had to scroll down a page before I saw all the inquiries.

Haven't seen any change in my scores yet.