SOL Almost Up!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

In Chat Sunday night, I read off a letter that I had goeetn from a collection agency regarding a Discover Charge-off. According to Equifax, the DOLA is 5/1997. I am in NY, and the SOL is 4 years, therefore next month they can no longer file suit as I have an affirmative defense.

I guess my question is, on May 1, should I send them a validation letter? I am already using Junum (waiting on my reports) and they havent disputed anything yet. This collection agency was deleted off of Experian last year and popped back up again on my report from February. Experian did not notify me of this, per the FCRA. Should I call Experian and have them delete it again? Or should I just let Junum take care of everything?

Thanks for all of the advice.

Erica

2. mimi

mimi Guest

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I hired Junum and read somewhere on this board that if you live in NY, you can have paid charge-offs and Judgements deleted after 5 yrs. So I'm wondering if I should go ahead and call the CRAs and inform them that these items are now "obsolete" or if I should wait until Junum resolves them. I think I'm going to wait until I hear back from Junum. Then I'll try it.

Maybe you should wait and talk to Junum about it.

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply. I will call them when they get my reports.

Erica