SOL Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bellybean, Aug 6, 2003.

1. bellybean

bellybean Member

Hi! I've been reading around here, and I have a question. The SOL in Louisiana is 3 years on an open account. From when is that three years counted? The date of status or last reported or what?

2. lakpr

lakpr Well-Known Member

From the date the last delinquency occurred on an account, and never been brought current again

Experts, correct me if I'm wrong

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*The SOL in Louisiana is 3 years on an open account.
    From when is that three years counted?
    The date of status or last reported or what?
    bellybean
    ====================

2*From the date the last delinquency occurred on an account, and never been brought current again.
    Experts, correct me if I'm wrong--
    lakpr
    =========================
    1*Are you talking about how long a creditor has to sue you or are you talking about how long the item can remain on your reports?

2* This is in regard to how long the item can be reported to the CRAs.I don't know that it applies to how long the creditor has to sue a person.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```~~~```'""'''

4. bellybean

bellybean Member

I know the 7 yr. + 180 clock starts from the first delinquency, if it is never been current again, but I mean the SOL to sue on the account. I just want to know if I can be sued if I approach the CA on one account I have. It was delinquent in 1999 for the 1st time, and never current, so I'm guessing the SOL to sue has run out, but I wanted to make sure, because the account was not charged off until 2001. I just don't want it to come back to bite me in the butt :)

5. lbrown59

Have you checked out whychats site about sols?

6. lbrown59

7. bellybean

bellybean Member

No...where can I find it? and Thanks!

8. lbrown59