Some pointers for validation????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Micki1970, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Micki1970

Micki1970 Active Member

I hope to send several validation letters in the morning mail. Can someone tell me how much information I should supply? Should I give my SS#? Do I tell them exactly what the problem is? I was thinking that as long as I provide them with my name, address, and account # they have listed, they should figure it out on their own. What do you think? Can I also remind them they are obligated by law to validate or they must remove? Do I give a time limit? If so, how long? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Micki1970

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

If you are mailing to the credit bureaus you don't want to send a validation letter. You just want to list the account and dispute it as not mine, never late, etc. whatever the case may be. Be sure to send them certified mail, return receipt requested.

3. Candi

Candi Well-Known Member

Micki,
    Who are you sending valadation letters to? Collection agencys? If so I would not give them your ss# or anything more then the acct.#, name, and address. Do a search for lizardkings valadation letter and just base yours on that. If your talking about a credit reporting agency then I think you have to give them your ss# too, but that is more of a dispute then valadation I think.
    Candi