Some success with Equifax...(l

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cindy, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Well, folks, I just got back the results of my latest on-line dispute, initiated in mid-January.

Here they are:

1--Judgement (which was never enforced, nor did I ever receive the papers, but on which I am currently paying--see #7 below), not deleted.

2--Paid Collection #1, DELETED (Woohoo!)
    3--Paid Collection #2, DELETED (Woohoo!)
    4--Paid Collection #3, DELETED (Woohoo!)
    No more collection accounts!! Considering that I used to have 9 of them on Equifax, this is a victory. I did pay all of them off, and they have disappeared over the last 2 years.

5--90-day late pay, which happened four years ago during credit troubles, not deleted. I still have this account and have been current since. It was updated and all the negatives were removed on Experian, of all places! Not sure if I should push this one.

6--Charge Off #1, not deleted. This one happened in 1996, and is for $2800. I am going to let sleeping dogs lie on this one, for the present, although I do have plans to pay it.

7--Auto Loan Repo Balance, (related to judgement #1 above), on which I am paying, not deleted (I did get it deleted on TU, but not its related judgement). However, it is now listed as a CHARGE OFF- MAKING PAYMENTS. Not sure if this is better or worse than a repo?

8--Charge Off #2, not deleted. First USA (Ugh, they bought the bank where I originally had the account) Happened in 97. Around $1100. I'm considering paying this one...advice anyone?

9--Duplicated Credit Card account. Not deleted. This one is UCNB, purchased by Household Bank. I'm thinking about not pushing this issue any further, as the account (in both cases) is a R1, all paid and closed. The problem is both accounts are listed as CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR. There was no reason for them to close the account (as I had a perfect payment record), I fought with them for months about it, and finally paid it off. Advice anyone?

I now also have 20 positive tradelines (only 10 of which are currently open); in late 98 when I started the repair process I had _2_ positive tradelines.

Thanks, all...
    Cindy

2. bgolden

bgolden Guest

RE: Some success with Equifax.

HOW DID YOU GET ALL THAT NEW CREDIT AND WHO WAS IT THROUGH? I'VE BEEN REPAIRING MY CREDIT TOO AND AM ALMOST FINISHED. I HAVE 1 REPO ON CSC, 2 ON TU AND 4 ON EXPERIAN. I STARTED WITH ABOUT 15 COLLECTION ACCOUNTS. SO I'M GLAD I'VE HAD GOOD SUCCESS WITH IT.

3. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

BGolden,

Nothing too impressive, I'm afraid....I have credit cards through the usual subprime suspects: FNB Marin, Cap One, and First Premier. (I don't like First Premier due to the high fees and am planning to dump them soon...I would dump FNB Marin but I've had the doggone thing for six years now).

I also have an auto loan through Household Auto Finance, an AT&T Cellular phone, and a Chevron CB Card. I did have an Aria card, and closed it (I regretted that for a while, but the fees were just horrible), and I had seven other subprime cards, which I held for a year (or two years in one case), used very sparingly, paid, and then closed.

Finally, I have two old satisfactory paid accounts from prime lenders who gave me credit back in the "good old days."

Cheers,
    Cindy

4. bgolden

bgolden Guest

SOUNDS LIKE ME. I DID RECENTLY CLOSE MY 2 1ST PREMIER ACCOUNTS BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT DROP THE PARTICIPATION FEE OF 5 OR 6.OO A MONTH AND I CLOSED MY FIRST NATIONAL BANK CARD TOO BECAUSE OF THE SAME THING. THEY SAY THAT OLD BAD ACCOUNTS DONT HURT YOU AS BAD, BUT THAT IS A LIE. THANKS FOR RESPONDING.

5. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

I hear you! Best of luck with your credit rebuilding. ;-)

Cheers,
    Cindy