Somebody FLAMES me...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by GEORGE, Apr 27, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

then they want an answer to something???

[IGNORE]

2. WeatherNLU

WeatherNLU Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are referring to me, but I wanted your e-mail address to APOLOGIZE for what I said. However, seeing that I was right about you in the first place, I should have known better. Where in what I posted did I say I wanted to ASK you something? Read the post, I said I wanted to TELL you something.

Amazing, really amazing.

3. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

I think he has you on ignore. He can't see what your writing.

4. humblemarc

humblemarc Well-Known Member

if you're bold enough to call him a name on a public board, you should be bold enough to apologize in public.
    why do it in secret?. . . .?

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

How's he gonna do that if G has him on ignore?

6. WeatherNLU

Why do you care?

Unbelievable man. Do you run this place? If so, that is a scary thought. Once again, I did not call him a name, I simply stated he must be miserable since he liked to jump all over people and treat them like crap. Obviously, I was right. I asked if could send him an e-mail to TELL him something and he throws a hissy fit. You talked to me about class on a previous post......here's some advice. Stop trying to tell people they should have something you obviously don't have. Do you purposely try to run new members off?

7. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

WeatherNLU, I really don't think that's a fair comment regarding humblemarc. Although he doesn't post much of any credit-specific discussion on this board anymore, if you search his posts farther back over the past 8 months since he arrived you'll find that he used to post a LOT about credit, so in all fairness I encourage you to investigate his postings in their entirety before drawing a final conclusion. There's a lot of good information back there (use "search" button at bottom of every Creditnet page). More recently, humblemarc evidences a lot of wisdom regarding how we should treat others and how to use this board, which I think some people find useful -- to wit, his most recent posts (April 2003):

1) 04.28.2003: if you're bold enough to call him a name on a public board, you should be bold enough to apologize in public.
    why do it in secret?. . . .?

2) 04.27.2003: funny how children get in the way of playing on the computer. . . :) [greeting an old friend]

3) 04.22.2003: actually no. i have no more allegiance to that board as i do to this board.

4) 04.22.2003: Excellent post Lbrown, now we just have to right the wrongs on humanity in: Iran, Syria,Israel,China in Tibet, Russia in Chechyna, Libya, India, Kashmir, Angola, Ethiopia, South Africa (still), Cuba, and the countless other countries in Africa. Then finally evil will be abolished in the world and our children will be able to sleep peacefully at night.

5) 04.22.2003: No offense to this board, but i think your questions will be better addressed on... [refers to another board]

6) 04.22.2003: yes [answer to someone who asked if he really made his first million dollars thanks to the material advertised at the bottom of his posts]

7) 04.22.2003: ok, here's what i found 252 threads with BDD. enjoy. [directing another to use the FAQ]

8) 04.22.2003: when one searches for "BDD" as encouraged by the FAQs, one will find the term 1/2BDD, as that is what George called it in the very first thread re: BDD. [directing another to use the FAQ]

9) 04.22.2003: calling George a "pathetic person" on your first day is real classy. great way to make friends.

10) 04.21.2003: no offense, but [credit topic] is IN the faqs and there's a search function as well. Feel free to use it. [directing another to use the FAQ]

11) 04.20.2003: marci, see my post here. [refers to another board]

12) 04.20.2003: good, I'm glad your through. Instead of being a man about this whole issue and apologizing for your obviously religiously inflammatory remarks, you want to get into a debate about it...

13) 04.20.2003: slamming others just because they slammed you first, GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING JESUS TAUGHT. let's just make that clear. k?

14) 04.20.2003: lol . . . sad isn't it? :) btw- dave, thanks for the carly song. just one thing. . . why am i so vain? tee hee. ;-)

15) 04.20.2003: It wasn't my Jihad, it was yours and you just admitted it. So quit trying to cop pleas and drum up support for what you did. It was a personal attack...

16) 04.20.2003: The history of viciously attacking others is legion here. It is bitterly complained of on many other message boards as well. Is that what the public image of this board or any other board...

17) 04.20.2003: no one would have even known Butch's post was directed at you unless you hadn't freaked out and pointed it out to everyone.

18) 04.20.2003: IF you'd done your research, you'd know that Butch and I are by no means "buddies" so we can rule out "friendly" bias. as Smontoya said, maybe if you truly adhered to your Christian values,...

19) 04.20.2003: it seems not even Jesus Christ himself would get so upset. . . .

20) 04.20.2003: NOTE: NEW CREDIT-RELATED COMMENTARY here, here. This post needs to be bumped to the top every day. Well said. [kudos regarding Butch's terrific "Fix Your Own Credit" thread]

21) 04.19.2003: NOTE: NEW CREDIT-RELATED COMMENTARY lol. i know. ;-) [rejoinder to previous comment]

22) 04.19.2003: NOTE: NEW CREDIT-RELATED COMMENTARY easy tiger!?! :) i know you are talking to more than the original poster, but in defense i think the original poster thought her FICO scores was preventing her from getting loans easily. She misunderstood,...

23) 04.19.2003: NOTE: NEW CREDIT-RELATED COMMENTARY your problem with lenders is not your credit, but their risk tolerance level. This happens quite often with real estate investors who show several loans on their reports.

24) 04.19.2003: Do you even know what he meant by this? Did you know that most of the founding fathers were Freemasons and Deists?...

(continued next)

8. PsychDoc

(continued from previous)

25) 04.15.2003: yes, well-written, very eloquent. But what does any of that have to do with the integrity of the board?

26) 04.14.2003: i'll answer your questions here. not by email. please do not email me off line, unless you're requesting legitimate help or info. At this point, if CCN steve wants to block my acct. for breaking the TOS, I'm sure he will. No reason for you to explain to me what the TOS is. Thanks anyway.

27) 04.14.2003: btw- that's was funny --'humblenarc' lol (geez, let's see how long before this gets shut down.) no, if i was moderator, i would have told you to tone it down, get your facts straight, and/or booted...

28) 04.13.2003: Regardless, CCN Steve needs to SERIOUSLY evaluate what mycroft has brought to this board since arriving. (that involves reading all the threads he's posted to)

29) 04.11.2003: i was not going to answer your question in the other thread, cause i believe you just don't get it.
    But since you're dragging this into another's thread, here it goes: since i am in the exact same industries that you are in, i find it egotistical and irrelevant considering the lack of quality advice you give.

30) 04.11.2003: NOTE: NEW CREDIT-RELATED COMMENTARY first and foremost, in no way are CN and creditwrench connected other than BillBauer is a member of this board, and the owner of the other. I'll just leave that at at that.

31) 04.11.2003: Go away troll. I will be more than happy to ban you from you ISP and email accts. Don't be an idiot.
    I'm looking to bust a few trolls now adays.

32) 04.9.2003: go away troll! believe me when i say, i will do everything in my power to ban you from your ISP and email accts. go away before its too late. i've done it before, and i'm just itching to do it...

33) 04.09.2003: god, you sound like a know it all troll already. go away. believe it or not, there's very little you can add, that isn't already present.

34) 04.09.2003: judgemental angrymarc here, LOL I highly doubt either John Ashcroft or you has ever even read the original books of Islamic thought. In fact, i doubt either of you two has even read the entire bible straight through. Let alone, the many different versions and interpretations that exist within and among Christian thought.

35) 04.08.2003: lbrown, 1) for someone who just spent several posts calling people AHs, SOBs, etc. maybe you should rethink this particular argument. 2)Yes, many muslims hate americans. Most muslims could care less about Americans. What does this have to do with being afraid of Muslims? Who kills more americans, other selfish and hateful americans or muslim extremists?

36) 04.08.2003: again, people who really really, lack humility always seem to have problems with me. and all of them have been either disruptive or trolls. maybe you should ask yourself, what it is i'm saying that seems to bother you so much. No one else seems to get nearly as disturbed by it as you do

37) 04.08.2003: once again you confuse intensity and a refusal to accept ignorance with some emotional attribute you think you "feel" through the internet waves. and once again, you continue to act like a child.

38) 04.08.2003: first of all, i was genuinely concerned for your state of mind. second of all, i could literally find thousands of your posts where someone with a serious issue recieved a reply from you that was "snide" and/or "off topic" so maybe you remember how it felt in the future.

39) 04.08.2003: omgosh. Lbrown, what's going on with you? seriously...? take some time off. why don't you write your son a letter, visit with his family, read a good book about something you don't really care about. . . i'm seriously worried about you. .

40) 04.08.2003: oh, by the way, for those who label themselves Christians. here's the NEW and ONLY commandment that was meant to abolish all the old 'rules' and dogma, and was meant to be the only sign of a "true"...

41) 04.08.2003: not only are you ignorant on MANY, MANY things, i'm starting to think you're a troll. Have you ever heard of the Crusades, or Inquisition, or Nazi Germany, or Manifest Destiny and the genocide of millions of Native Americans or slavery in America? (shall i go on) Have you? All done in the name of the "christian god"

42) 04.08.2003: yikes. . . believe it or not. your beliefs ARE the minority. . . Yippee, know we can argue senselessly and with our brain-washed ideas about God, religion, and who's right, wrong, saved or damned! just be kind, compassoniate, and harmless. Everything else will take care of itself.

43) 04.08.2003: you might get a little more respect from all the AHs and SoBs (lol) if you removed all the pretentious crap, you call your signature. It's egotistical...

44) 04.04.2003: Ex-CIA director: U.S. faces 'World War IV' [link to news story]

45) 04.01.2003: feel free to come over with us, where there is less 'tude and more grati-tude. [refers to another board]

WeatherNLU, I don't mean to post this as an attack upon you, or as a means for criticizing your hasty conclusions, etc., so I hope you'll take this in the spirit it was intended. By the way, welcome to Creditnet -- just jump right in with your credit questions, and we'll give it our best effort.

Doc

9. PsychDoc

Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

In all fairness to humblemarc, WeatherNLU, I think he cares (as you put it) because he cares about this board. Your phrasing invites more dissention (just my opinion).

Best to you,

Doc

10. WeatherNLU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

Doc, I understand where you are coming from, but this all started with George because I asked a question and I guess he had answered it too many times. This is a discussion board, right? I read the FAQ's and I search for most of things I need help on. Every now and then though, is it too much to ask for some clarification? I am not trying to make things diffucult and I am trying to just blend in to the community, but I am not the only person in the wrong here. Obviously those are guys you are familiar and comfortable with, and that's fine. I don't want to be taken up for, I just wanted whoever is in charge, which I assume is you, to know that I am not trying to be a trouble maker. I just want to participate without being belittled for my lack of knowledge.

11. PsychDoc

No, I'm not in charge either, and I know you're not a troublemaker. I would encourage you to read the "INTRO" threads, and use the search function. There are many people here who want to help you with your credit. Perhaps -- and this is no law, lol, it's a free country, etc., but I'll dare to offer this advice anyway -- perhaps you should settle in awhile before you heap criticism on those who've been around here a long, long time like George. Just settle in, read (that's the best advice I can give I think), and think about how the material applies to your particular credit situation. I would also encourage you to post regarding your credit-specific stuff. After some time, yet sooner than you may think, you'll have built relationships with others that will support any of the extraneous debating which may appeal to you. :)

Doc

12. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I knew it. Doc is PBM, er CCN?

13. PsychDoc

Both.

Doc :)

14. humblemarc

Tell me what's wrong with this story. . . .

(a young aspiring intern student walks into a room full of doctors wanting to learn as much as possible. As he overhears the various conversations, he picks up on one procedure in particular he is interested in. So he goes over to the one of the most respected doctors in the room who also happened to invent the procedure the medical student is interested in. After a few moments of talking with the aspiring student, the respected doctor realizes the student hasn't done his basic research regarding the procedure and becomes impatient with the student. The knowledge-thristy student senses the doctor's frustration and instead of humbly ignoring the doctor's impatience, so that he can learn as much as possible about the procedure, he, instead, tells the well respected doctor that he's pathetic for getting frustrated. Some of the other doctors in the room look over and wonder why this unknown medical student is calling the inventor of this procedure "pathetic.")

15. humblemarc

slight correction doc.
    #15 and #16 are not my quotes. I believe they belong to Butch and BILLB respectively.

16. WeatherNLU

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

Well, thanks for that.

17. marci

marci Well-Known Member

PsychDoc,

I'll speak up.

As much as I love GEORGE's presence here, and value his unique contributions, I think that he overreacted to WeatherNLU in the original thread. Not everyone understands code language for 1/2BDD; even I didn't understand what GEORGE was referring to at first, and I've done it!

I think people need to be patient and realize that newcomers aren't going to come wrapped up in the nice pretty and *convenient* package that others expect them to. The bottom line is, if you don't feel like answering the question, then don't. But don't make the person feel like crap for asking. It's as simple as that. There's no need to be unkind, unwelcoming, or sarcastic from the get go, and in my humble opinion, I think GEORGE bears some responsibility for what ensued.

I know that you like Marc and find his posts welcoming to newcomers, but I find the exact opposite to be true. If I were a newcomer, I would have found him barking at me "read the first three threads!!!!" "read the first three threads!!!!""read the first three threads!!!!" and I would have left.

What people don't understand is that those who have credit problems and finally work up the courage to share the credit problems on a public message board aren't *primarily* looking for text answers. They may be primarily looking for community, and some sense that they aren't alone.

No one took that attitude with me when I came to this board, and I'm glad that I had the chance to precede this type of arrogance. So - welcome WeatherNLU. Give GEORGE some space. He does have a lot to offer and he is not "pathetic" by any means. I encourage you to read his posts.

As far as asking questions, ask away. Someone here will more than likely be glad to give you an answer.

18. humblemarc

story continued. . .
    (one of the inventor-doctor's friend pulls the young student aside and tells him "Before you call the person you want to learn from pathetic, maybe you should do your homework first. Also, as a new member of this special group of doctors, you'll gain a lot more respect by not attacking one of the most respected members"
    Later on that week, the aspiring doctor realizes he was rash and decides to apologize. However, the inventor-doctor has taken the earlier comments to heart and has no desire to communicate with the rash intern.
    the rash intern then becomes upset again and wonders why the inventor-doctor has no desire to speak to the intern.
    the doctor's friend tells the intern "maybe if you apologized in public, you'd be seen in a more favorable light by the inventor-doctor"
    The intern then attacks the doctor's friend asking him, "who does think you iare?. . . why should i do that?. . .are you in charge here?. . why are you picking on me". . .. etc.

19. humblemarc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

ahhh, marci.. . i knew you'd show up.

wow, in MY humble opinion, when i go looking for answers to my questions, i don't let the way the information is presented distract me from getting that information. in fact, many times the person who could and did help me the most was the most unfriendly, standoffish person.
    Nor, did i call the person i was seeking help from a jerk, pathetic, or any names for that matter (even if they were). i'm smart and humble enough to not throw out the baby with the bath water.

btw- i don't bark. arrogance? hardly.
    just like any education process, doing one's homework is crucial to success. And without fail, i have found those who accomplished their credit goals (or any goal for that matter) the quickest and those who provide the most benefit to the board are those who have done their homework more extensively that everyone else.
    But i can show you thousands of instances (in credit as well as life) of people who didn't do their homework first and did not achieve their goals or failed alltogether. . . .