Somebody FLAMES me...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by GEORGE, Apr 27, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

***Somebody has to SPELL IT OUT EVERY TIME THEY DO SOMETHING???

THE WALL HAVE EARS!!!

Things can (AND HAVE BEEN) taken away!!!

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

Ok, Woeful, here are the codes. Bookmark this:

CrDenDsp = credit bureau denied dispute
    CaVal = collection agency validated
    CaNoVal = collection agency didn't validate
    CaIsPol = California is polluted
    OcPsOf = original creditor is pissing me off
    Tu7yes = I just got 7 deletions from Trans Union
    Eq3no = I was just denied 3 deletions from Equifax
    Ex4Lax = I just took 4 laxatives at a CaIsPol airport
    MeNoCrwrench = I believe in doing my own credit repair
    StUp2Bul = I'm standing up to the bully vets
    StUpNoBul = I'm not standing up to the bully vets
    StUpBul = I'm not taking any bull from the vets

What's cool about this is that you can combine them. Example:

StUpBulCaIsPolTu7yes = I'm not taking any bull from the vets, especially if they live in California, because I already got 7 deletions from Trans Union.

There's obviously much more, but it's late. I'll coach you some more later.

Doc

3. Mycroft

Mycroft Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

Thank you.

To be fair to PsychDoc, when he brings up how long a person has been a user here, it's not to say that persons information and wisdom is better than yours, it's more an attempt to give the newer person a better sense of context to judge what the older user is saying.

He does have a tendency to defend the long-term users by saying things like, "I don't think it's fair to call him a useless curmudgeon, though I can see from the content of his most recent posts how you would come to that opinion. If you search his posts back to 1998, you will see he had many brilliant insights into how the system works. It helped me a lot when I was a neophyte, struggling with my own first attempts at credit repair. I know recently he has been (insert current objectionalbe behavior) and I don't agree with him on that point, but in all fairness I encourage you to spend 50 or 60 hours of your free time researching the 1600 archived pages of slow loading text so you can understand the totality of his contributions to the knowlege here before you come to your conclusions."

Parody all in fun, Doc. ;)

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Those are the main codes, and as Doc said, there is much, much more to the codes. The problem is, only the VETS have access to the rest of the codes. That means until you have 2,500 posts, we can't give you the rest.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

PsychDoc,

LOLOL re the codes. That is about the funniest thing I've read in a while, esp. the nocrwrench one!!!

ROTFL!

GEORGE,

I know that YOU are a big TEDDY bear - lol! I wouldn't have it any other way.

6. WALLST

WALLST Well-Known Member

Mycroft, woeful and all other recent newcomers to the board. This is NOT about king of the hill. I have been here for a while and contributed some, but do not consider myself a Vet, I guess I'm an apprentice. It is about RESPECT. Doc, LKH, Lizardking and countless others have spent god knows how many thousands of hours of research and real life experience to give us those top 4 threads. With all the hours they put it is it TOO hard to ask new people to invest a small amount of time to read those threads before asking the same questions over and over again???? I think not. While this board is FREE, there is no free lunch. You need to invest the time, and as GEORGE said, some things should no longer be discussed in public as this board is watched by many, and we don't want to lose any of the tricks that are left. So if any of you think it is Vet vs. newcomers YOU ARE WRONG. All that is asked is that you invest the time before you post. I think that is the bottom line here. RESPECT those that took all their valuable time to give us what we have here, give a little of your time before you spout off, and contribute to that which has already been built.

My .02 or 1.02 worth.

WALLST

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

No one here is arguing that newbies shouldn't do their research. We're arguing (or at least I am) about when and how to tell newbies to read the INTRO threads.

Again - people who are in credit hell are mostly loking for community, compassion, and someone to say "hi, don't worry, I've been where you are, and we'll get through this together". Not go do your homework doofus and stop wasting my time with these baby questions!!!.

Self directed credit repair always involves doing research and people will get that mindset eventually, if we don't run them off first.

And as far as codes, yeah there are eyes, but that's no reason to mean about refusing to discuss the "code" . As I remember, WeatherNLU never got a "listen, because there are 'eyes', I can't tell you what 1/2BDD means. All I can say is do the research, or e-mail me privately if you can't find the reference. " All WeatherNLU got was a "Do I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT??????".

If you were the newbie, how would you have reacted to that?

8. Woeful

Woeful Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

Wallst,

I don't know how to genuflect when I post.

Needing, wanting, or seeking respect isn't productive - a sign of lack of fulfillment. What happened to helping others and expecting nothing in return?

To the keepers of the code,

Do you think the watchers haven't figured the codes out? They probably helped write them.

Woeful

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

LOL! There are no codes. Doc and LKH were just pulling your leg.

There are acronyms, though, most of which are defined in the CreditNet Glossary. It's an INTRO thread at the top of the first page.

To my knowledge, no industry representative contributed to any of the acronyms (or their usage), but more than a few do know about them and do not object.

10. PsychDoc

marci said it best, but I must indulge myself now.

THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. NOBODY IS KEEPING ANY SECRETS FROM YOU. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. WHERE DID YOU GET THIS IDEA ANYWAY? THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. WHAT WE HAVE IS YOURS TO TAKE. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES. THERE ARE NO CODES.

11. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

But they don't know that. sshh.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DIDN'T I SAY...HERE I GO AGAIN!!!

This has been told time and time again...OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT...

I went on to tell (AGAIN) what a BDD and 1/2 BDD are...DIDN'T I...OR DID I JUST DREAM IT???

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Things can be TAKEN AWAY...the walls have ears.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The CODES are to prevent the LOSS of "THINGS" not just for me...BUT FOR EVERYBODY HERE!!!

15. crofttk

crofttk Well-Known Member

codes ??

COOOOODES ??

We don' need no steenkin' codes !

16. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Well, GEORGE, lol...

Okay,

We don't want to lose YOU, so I will just have to quietly agree to disagree.

:)

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CODES~~NO!!!

"WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES"

18. PsychDoc

For goodness sakes, somebody tell me the secret codes if there are any. It's beginning to sound like there really are secret codes but that we're just pretending there aren't any because -- as George put it -- "THINGS CAN BE TAKEN AWAY." Frankly, I'd like to know what those "THINGS" are.

Let me put it this way to any newcomer who happens across this increasingly wacky thread... Other than the shorthand discussed in the Creditnet Glossary which marci mentioned (among the first few threads in the "Straight Talk" [main] discussion area), there are no secret codes. Let me put that more strongly: If I'm lying, then I hope something REALLY, REALLY BAD happens to me -- karma is a powerful thing. Said differently, if you see somebody write about "bumpage" (or anything else) and you wonder just what in the daylights they're talking about, just go check out the Creditnet Glossary. Then do a search on your object of wonder (using the Search function at the bottom of every discussion board page here), and you'll end up with more information than you could possibly digest in one sitting.

I hope I have calmed at least somebody out there. Oh, what the heck -- one more time -- there are no secret codes. Any conversational shorthand you come across here is almost certainly in the Creditnet Glossary.

Doc

19. PsychDoc

Hehe, I loved your posting. :)

Now, as a public service, I'm going to develop a Mycroft-English/English-Mycroft Dictionary for this site. Here are my first few entries:

-- Mycroft: "YOU LAZY DEADBEAT"
    -- English: "ESTEEMED COLLEAGUE"

-- Mycroft: "PAY YOUR BILLS"
    -- English: "SEEK FDCPA VALIDATION"

-- Mycroft: "LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS"
    -- English: "ENJOY YOUR NEW MASTERCARD"

-- Mycroft: "YOU LAZY DEADBEAT, PAY YOUR BILLS, AND LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS"
    -- English: "ESTEEMED COLLEAGUE, SEEK FDCPA VALIDATION, AND ENJOY YOUR NEW MASTERCARD"

This is obviously a long-term project, but I'm well on my way as you can see. :)

Doc

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

If you want to call it CONVERSATIONAL SHORTHAND...fine.

BUT REMEMBER EXPERIAN ON-LINE DISPUTE???

People were calling EXPERIAN and EQUIFAX and asking~~WHY IS MY BUMPAGE NOT WORKING??? Why can't I get the link to dispute inquires on my credit report to work???