Somebody FLAMES me...

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by GEORGE, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Woeful

Woeful Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

Sometimes I get depressed when I'm searching creditnet's archives and bringing myself up to speed.

The veteran posters not only demand "respect" but insist that you understand the full "body" of their work.

In keeping with the spirit of the board, I waded through the archives and paid my respect.

Mycroft knows what I'm talking about. (sorry I dragged you into this) Besides, "king of the hill", the alpha pack, likes to play "gotcha" with the archives.

I've been to boards covering everything from multiple-personality disorder to gardening. I hate business and only found my way here because I got into debt.

What's so strange and remarkable about this board is this kind of "board consciousness" or board awareness. The board should be a means to an end and not the end in itself.

Woeful

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!! omg - i CAN'T STAND IT,

MY TUMMY HURTS NOW !!!!

LOLOL

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Woeful, are you here to criticize everyone, or are you here for credit help? We like the way we interact with each other, and we like each other. Speaking for myself, I'd love to help you in any way I can. What's your goal here?

Doc

4. Woeful

Woeful Banned

"what's my goal here"?

Psychdoc,

my point exactly. Once again you exhibit this strange kind of board "territorialism". Goal "here"?

I came to this board for help with debt-related problems but I discovered a mountain I had to climb first.

I'm just a visitor, a tourist. I'm passing by. What's your goal? Create a "body of work" on some message board?

Woeful

5. PsychDoc

Wow, you are so hostile. I'm trying to be friendly. We all have goals here, I would think. Mine is to continue learning about credit and related consumer issues. Maybe you'll share yours at some point.

Doc

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

If you came to this board for help as you claim, you sure have a strange way of asking for help. Doc flat out asked you what your goal was so he could help, and you come back with more b.s. I think you are the one who has the problem with "vets". Why don't you reread Doc's last post to you offering help. There was nothing territorial about it. He stated a fact. You are criticizing everybody, but despite that, he still offered to help. Get over yourself.

7. PsychDoc

LKH, you know I'm the last guy to criticize a newcomer and have pretty much railed against that sort of thing -- "[]" included, etc. But I am dumbstruck that somebody would introduce himself (or herself) to a community like this, claim to need debt-related help but never get specific about it, and then summarily complain non-stop about others. Wow!

Woeful, I'm willing to interact with you, and I'm sure others are as well, but please consider how mean-spirited your criticisms are presented. Sure, I've got a lot to learn -- and if you've got a point to make about the way I behave on this board, I'm willing to listen -- but I'd like to request that you do it with a bit less contempt. That's not saying you need to "genuflect" as you put it -- good grief -- but I personally learn more when criticisms are presented with kindness rather than attacks.

Doc

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

I personally consider this to be a lost cause at this point. This person obviously doesn't even have a sense of humor. Check the thread below this one re:the turtle thread. Give up on this one.

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

Everybody,

I have news to tell you....

I visited the US Post Office last night to pay a bill, and unexpectedly two "workers" led me to the back room where...

THEY GAVE ME THE CODES.

I noticed that they had a GREEN hue about them, but upon being asked about it, they explained that they had just mowed the grass out back...

Except there WAS NO GRASS!!!!!!!

and I don't remember how I got home, either...

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Okay, except now NO ONE is making *you* climb any mountain. And the truth is, that element had by and large stopped posting by the time you started posting.

Can you reference a post in which someone refused you help because you are a newbie? Please answer this.

PsychDoc just extended you help. Based on an earlier post, he obviously doesn't adhere to a "me smart vet, you dumb newbie" mentality; so either accept his kindness or don't. But don't complain that no one wanted to assist you.

You said earlier that you value my posts; I value you. It's time to let the cynicism go and simply post your credit issues and go from there.

This time the ball is in your court.

11. crofttk

crofttk Well-Known Member

OK, I know this is all dead horsemeat, but I feel like entertaining myself.

This board is a society/community/tribe/village, whatever's hip/P.C. or anthropologically/sociologically/psychologically (there ya go Doc) correct.

There's always some kind of hazing/intitiation/testing that goes on when one becomes a new member of a community.

Treat most "curmudgeons" (and/or curmudgeonesses ?) with respect (not groveling !) and you could have a mentor. Assume the best, any mistaken assumption will become obvious to you and everyone else, eventually.

Nobody has an "entitlement" to respect or information sharing here, do they ?

Join the community or just wade through it by yourself !

OK, enough of the warm fuzzy s--t.

Later

12. PsychDoc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Somebody FLAMES me...

LOL, I'm surprised the codes weren't infected with anthrax.

::anthrax joke = tasteless = seek forgiveness::

Doc