Something I'm missing?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lwg8tr, Jun 13, 2001.

1. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Anthony thanks for the reply,
    that explains the website, and your intentions pretty well. So, I see that you are an out an out bizzzness man. Well, I cant see any harm in that...

2. godaddyo

Bill,
    there you have it straight from the horses..I mean collector..whoops I mean consumer advocates,,I mean business man's mouth.. It seems that you both are .com guys..No harm in that especially if you make a buck or two.. The nice thing about a forum such as this, is that we all have the ability to sift through what we believe to be true or fact.. All liars will come to light through the passage of time and I will always make educated decisions..A very amazing man once said "Only give advice if the other party asks for it, if he doesnt acknowledge it, move on and mind your own business. I am trying to mind my own business and will do so for now on,,,,,

3. godaddyo

By the way I am not accusing anyone of being a liar, so dont pick... CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG???

4. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Thanks, Daddy-O. Glad you asked, glad you understand. Trust me (and I hardly EVER use that term), what we (my team and I) are doing is sooooooo far and beyond `ol Munchhausenâ??s aspirationsâ?¦ Well I may as well be from another planet, because the two ventures are that far apart.

I mention this only to ward off the ever present heckler, and so that Munchhausen will have less fodder for his imaginary cannons; thinking Iâ??m â??competition.â? Aaaack, sorry wrong assumption. PBM, tell the audience what we have as a beautiful consolation prize, for this wonderful contestantâ?¦! [;-)

As far as â??get, git, getting along..? Believe me, I do.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

We had blow back then? Damn!!! and I messed my mind up on love and acid ... I had no idea that was even an option!! :) -Dave LOL

6. Crdt Dfnse

LOL, too much! Well, you know I thought about indicating LSD but thought younger readers wouldnâ??t get itâ?¦ Hell, â??get itâ? what was I thinking; today they probable brew the stuff! [;-)

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Anthony:

I have no idea who this "Baron Munchousen" you refer to is, nor do I care. It is totally unimportant.

It is also a blatant attempt to enrage someone and start some kind of flame war and is totally unprofessional as well.

There are a lot of people who have been watching this forum and hoping to gain some useful information and many others who actively participate for the same constructive reasons.
    When they accomplish their ends, they stay and become permanent residents and the forum flourishes and becomes quite popular. That is, of course, the hope of those who put in their time and money to make such forums available to the public.

But when those who hope to gain something useful from the forum see nothing but flame wars, name calling, and cock fighting in progress, they quickly become disgusted at all the stupidity and go elsewhere, quickly spreading the word that the forum is nothing but fools fighting over nothing at all, then no newbies bother to visit either. Everybody loses and no one gains anything at all. The forum goes down too, closed because a few did not respect either themselves nor anyone else.

I certainly hope that your "Baron Munchousen" has more respect for those whom this forum was designed to benefit than you appear to have.

Your conduct is not only unprofessional, it is downright dispicable to say the least.

Let us hope that you soon mend your ways and allow those of us who wish to gain something from our visits to this good forum do so absent your flame wars.

Grow up!

8. EPM191

EPM191 Member

Yes, I am getting tired of watching worthless fights
    I have been spectating this forum almost a year and
    I think it is somehow being abused by few pesters.
    Personal attack or childish show up will not help this board to grow. Remember, and watch our carefully, there is 10% of posters and 90% of readers. Posters shall be somewhat responsible for their post.

9. Crdt Dfnse

Call it my â??collector's instinctâ? (or cynicism for that matter), but I always wonder about those anonymous posts with few indicated contributions; and who incidentally mention lurking for long periods of time. [;-)

10. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Attacking a lurker??? I'm another one. Have at it.
    I'm also getting tired of sifting through the arguments, but I've never found a board to be totally free of that. What does happen, is those that cannot refrain from constant sarcasm tend to lose respect from the others.
    Leave the lurkers alone, please. You'll just make it harder for quiet ones to actively engage in this board.

11. Crdt Dfnse

No attack, certainly, just the mere statement of an observation. If one looks at the fact concerning what was stated itâ??s not difficult to presume a logical conclusion, probably not far from mine. But attack, nope, a poor attempt at humor on my part perhaps, but attack? Hardly that.

Nonetheless you are certainly entitled to an opinion. Trouble is it seems as of late that whenever I assert mine, someone mysteriously takes offense and picks a fight. Oh I assure you I know how to fight, but thatâ??s not why I come here; correspondingly why, if this keeps up, Iâ??ll reevaluate returning.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Please don't do that, Anthony. I stay out of the arguments (unless I can't help myself, LOL).

Anybody with half a brain can see who has ulterior mostives and who does not. Those of us who don't take sides are not dumb, we just don't want to get caught up in the BS.

You contribute a lot to this board, IMHO. Ignore the crap, and keep on posting, please.

Thanks,

breeze

13. Crdt Dfnse

Breeze:
    Thatâ??s sweet of you to mention, I appreciate the kind words. Yet I must admit the thought of not posting anymore is more than that; itâ??s a serious consideration. Although being completely frank, that is because Iâ??m not accustomed to taking crap. I was usually the kid in school who stood up to the bully, so itâ??s an ingrained thing with me. (I canâ??t help myself! â?? Jim Morrison.)

Now as an adult, however, Iâ??ve learned often one must attempt to ignore the bozos, and sometimes that entails walking away. Iâ??ve plenty of other interest to keep me busy, as this issue is reaching a point of futility. (I canâ??t take this abuse much looooongeeer! â?? W.C. Fields.) So time will tell what develops in that such disturbances not only discourage active membership, but expert participation as well. [;-)

14. Crdt Dfnse

Ohhhhkaaaay, back to the subject matterâ?¦

Iâ??ve completed a search of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals (governing Florida) and found nothing relating to §95.11(2) in case law. So maybe one like Squawk could use Nexus to conduct a more scrutinized search, using another service's larger database? I only researched using FindLaw.com as Iâ??m not scheduled for law library devotions anytime in the near future.

In any caseâ?¦ Hope everyone is still interested in this topic?