Sony Citibank card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone and I asked for the lower rate for Sony Citibank card. First they told me that they couldn't do anything about it. I beg them to lower my rate and they approve me. They offer their best rate for the Sony Card is prime plus 4.9 so it is going to be 13.40%. I think it is the lowest rate that I can get out of them.

Ron.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

If you ditch your sony points, you can get prime +1.9% which is okay.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Sam,
    By the way, I don't think they will get me 9.9% APR and I got some other cards having that rate like Nextcard and BofA. Usually I paid off the balance monthly and I never carried balance on my reward cards. Citi won't give me that lowe rate. By the way, I got that rate after I begged her. On my Sony card, I have setup on autopay option. I asked them to lower rate in case I have anything to owe on the card. I didn't earn too many Sony points and they need a lot of points to get any good Sony items.

Ron.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Listen, switch it to a non-affinity citibank platinum select, load up the balances on it , and then call up and say "I'm interested in transferring balances to another card with lower APR and would like to talk to someone in retention to see if they can do anything".

On my 4th month , i got prime+2.9% I just reached my 6th month with them and i got prime+1.9% on that product. I'll probably wait 3-4 months and go for prime +0.9% or something.

The lady straight up said "wow you have a good rate prime + 2.9% with us..". I stood my ground and said "what can you offer me?". She said "prime+1.9% APR effective immediately.."

The affinity cards do carry higher apr's because they are Giving you something. If you want a 9.9% APR citibank card, you'll need to be in their platinum select citi card probably. It has no rewards, just low interest.

Good luck.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Sam,
    I have their Sony Paltinium Select card and I also like Sony points. From time to time they offer double or tripe point when purchaing Sony products. I also have ClickCiti Plat. Select and Dividend card and they offer me good rate. My Nextcard and BofA gave 9.9% fixed APR . If I have anything to owe, I will put it on it. By the way, thanks for the advice.

Ron.