SOON TO BE A HOMEOWNER

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Feb 6, 2001.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

Both my husband and I have no credit, and I'm not working. We have started thinking about building my husband's credit, so he applied for a Capital One secured card, they approved him for a limit of $200, and he's waiting for the card, which I believe it should be in the mail box within 2 weeks.

Also we were thinking of purchasing a house, some bank qualified him for a loan, and probably we'll buy a house within 2 months.

My questions are what is going to happen to his credit? Should he keep the Cap 1 secured card?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

wow bank approved a house loan with no credit? what kinda rates?

One would think waiting a year or two to establish credit might be in the best interest(literally).

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am curious as to your rate as well. But yes you can still get a decent mortgage without a credit history, they use utility bills and prior rental history . FHA loans do this ALL the time. Yes you can keep the card, a mortgage on your reports will certainly start building your credit history.

4. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

please dont use my name

I have been using the name rolo on this board for months now.I would appreciate if you would use another name please.

5. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

RE: please dont use my name

Oh, I'm sorry! I'm so new to this board and didn't know that. I'll use some other name...... Can't think of anything right now!

6. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

RE: please dont use my name

Just let us know that you are the second ROLO when you make you're first post with the new name so we can identify you.

7. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

thank you

thanks a lot.