Sorry ... CITI again

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jsever, Oct 18, 2001.

1. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

I just don't understand! I was surprised enough to be approved for CITI aa silver and gold with 9000 limit but then I checked "Worthnothing" today and found that CITI made an inquiry the day I applied (of course everything else on the report is about 60 days behind). Transunion is my worst report. 4 unpaid hospital accounts and lates that they were suppose to have changed. My "worthnothing" score is "5" and my TU score on my report is just over 500! Can you believe this. When I was approved for these cards I assumed they checked either Experian or Equifax. Those scores are good, 726 and 694. I still don't get it! I'm not knocking it - I just don't get it!
    Forgot to mention - called CITI and confirmed that I was approved.

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Same thing here, my internal tu score is only 548. And I still got approved.

Why worry, as long as you get the cards, be happy lol.

Since you at it, why not try applying for the amex line of credit. Your situation is about the same as mine. They pull a soft inquiry on experian.

3. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

Oh - I'm happy - I just can't make sense out of this credit business. It's frustrating to think I spent lots of time cleaning up credit reports and narrowing down who checks who, and then something like this happens. I'm beginning to think that maybe TU doesn't carry as much weight as people might think. Afterall, creditors must be aware of the many screw-ups, merged files, errors, etc., that get into people's files.

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

The score you get from tu is not the score tu gives to creditor when they pull your file.

I know for sure, because my mortgage broker pulled my tu and told me my score was 618 back in june.

Tu is just screwed up......And quite frankly I don't care, because credit approvals is all that matters to me.

On the other hand GEORGE has stellar credit scores, but he has been declined for credit alot lately.....(just using you as a comparison GEORGE hope you don't mind)

5. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

I may take your advice for the Amex LOC. I do have a Blue card but it's only about a month old. Is it too soon?

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

This is true. My TU consumer score one day was 598 and the "lender's" score was 664 (straight from TU unmodified).

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

lol, I don't want to shoot my self in the foot by telling you to go for it, and you end up being declined.

But I would say that you should have a good chance of getting the loc. The reason I say so is because I got the citicard and the loc. But a denial for the personal blue card.

The blue seems very hard to get. So I would say that your good for the loc.

But thats me.