Sort of a game.....?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by B2, Dec 14, 2000.

1. B2

B2 Guest

I have had a credit card account turned over to a collection agency. I sent them a cease/desist letter to keep them off my back for awhile.
    Approx. 45 days later I got another letter from a second collection agency for the same card. Sent the same C/D letter.
    About 2 months later got yet another letter from a third agency. I called this one and went thru what had happened so far and asked what was going on. "Off the record" I was told that it is sort of a game to collect on credit cards. Since they are unsecured it is difficult to get a meaningful judgement on them especially if I have sent a C/D letter.
    So the credit card company keeps using new collection agencies in the hope that I will one day trip up and not send a C/D letter. For some reason that would allow the Credit card folks to proceed against me with more legal ammunition. As long as I keep on with the C/D letters they can't do much.
    Anyone have any idea why it would work this way? If this is accurate I just keep sending a certified C/D letter about every 2 months until the credit card guys get tired of the "game" and give up.
    Very odd.

Thanks for anyone's input.....

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

What is a Cease and Desist Letter? Please explain.