Spamming

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Feb 24, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Someone said that bayhouse got over 50,000 emails from a spammer.

LKH

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Thanks bobby.

3. mvfl

mvfl Guest

It's so obvious from your IP address. How stupid are you?

4. mvfl

mvfl Guest

By the way, that message was meant to Bobby, not you George ;)

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

to Bobby, board members and pb

Bobby, you have been using "LKH" as a sig. to your posts. That happens to be my initials. I did not give you permission to use it or to post as me. Since apparently we both live in Tucson and you are too much of sissy to give your real name, address or phone #, I filed a lawsuit against you last week. You were named as "John Doe". Subpoenas have gone out to all isps that you have used here requesting all the above info. This is YOUR WARNING: if this nonsense has not stopped by the time I receive this info, watch out because the trouble for you will just be starting. My suggestion is to cool it now while you have the chance.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: dont forget.

All isps' have called ID on their log files for dialin access. trust me, i used to work for the nations 2nd biggest isp, and we could find your phone number in seconds..

7. xxxx

xxxx Guest

RE: dont forget.

Hey country boy what is my number.

You can fool some people on this board but not me.

You sign up on a free ISP
    they will ask for a phone number you are calling from mind is at the local pool hall.
    all they need is a area code to give you a number so it want be long distance.
    Yes what every you fill out they will have.

Mind is
    xxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxx
    Sign in

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: heh you don't get it.

CALLED ID, ANI, look up those terms. ISP's know what phone number you are calling from, regardless of what you type in. Get a clue. All phone calls are traceable today. Make a physical threat to someone and you'll be darn sure the fbi or local police will be on your door in a day or so with a warrant. straight up.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying to explain it to the illiterate moron, but he doesn't get. And if he thinks I'm joking he better think again. I am sick of his b.s. and for myself and the regulars here that is exactly what I have done. His time will soon be coming. Maybe I should amend the lawsuit to include slander and defamation.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

TEST

11. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

RE: to Bobby, board members an

Don't be surprised if you come up against a great deal of resistance with your John Doe lawsuit. This particular technique of trying to unmask critics of large corporation is drawing increasing disfavor in the courts. Courts are requiring plaintiffs to show some 'real' damages before they are going to grant plaintiff attorneys subpoena powers just to find out who someone is.

Having someone impersonate you (or more precisely use the same 'handle') on a bulletin board such as this is laughable in terms of 'damages'.