Speaking of Macy's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Mar 14, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

As you all may know, Macy's (and Citibank Visa) were my first credit cards (applied for them together when I was in college) back in 1992. My Macy's limit was $300. Back in 1998, I was having problems making my Macy's payment and didn't for like 3 months and they deactivated my account. I still had a balance so after I found out what they did, I ran down there w/ a balance transfer check from First USA to pay the balance off. Then in ~Oct. 2000, I called them up and basically ate some *humble pie* to see if they would open my account back up. A nice account rep stated that I had to show them proof that somethings on my credit had been taken care of. I had all of the documents so I faxed them to her and she opened my account back up! I was hoping for a $100 limit and to my surprise, I got $200!

I have been charging, paying, charging, paying, etc. and on Valentine's day, I decided to test my limit to see what would happen. I had a balance of $150 and I charged $100 and the charge wasn't automatically declined! A receipt printed out for the cashier to call customer service. After he spoke w/ customer service and verified my DL w/ them (they didn't even ask to speak w/ me or anything) he hung up, typed in some numbers and my charge was approved. Just now (after reading RichGuy's post), I called Macy's to see what my limit was (every time I call, the automated response never tells me my limit) and the rep stated that my limit was now $500!!!!!!!! She stated that when I made that last purchase, they raised my limit to $500 so that the transaction would go through and that I could continue to shop!!!!!!!! Talk amazing...

I just thought I would share that with you all!

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Nice surprise :)

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Great1 Sounds like my situation with Penny's. Wonder if they'll ever feel nice enough to open mine back up?

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Better start eating some *HUMBLE PIE* :-D

5. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

MP$40, who did you call at Macy's -- just the credit card customer service or did you talk to a special department?

6. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Do you think I should apply with "dings" on my credit report? What's the credit qualifications?