Spiegel

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sandra, Mar 7, 2001.

1. sandra

sandra Guest

What is the typical credit line that Spiegel starts a new customer with? I received $400.00.

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

How difficult is it to get?

what are your scores?
    or in lieu of that: what's your scenario?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sandra,
    I received $400 also.

roni

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Marie,
    I got the card Marie after receiving the FCNB Visa. That was the first retail card I received. I got the card back Sept or Oct of 2000.

roni

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I got pre-approval Spiegel Card from the mail and they approved me $825. I used it once or twice and I didn't find any useful and I stuck at the bottom of the drawer.

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I had the same as Ron, preapproved and got 850. but I too never used it and eventually closed it due to my cutback in cards, since I never used it it was the first of many to go lol

Mom

7. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

My wife got "preapproved" Spiegel retail card (not Visa or MC) offer and was turned down when she sent it in. She also got a "preapproved" LLBean MasterCard for MBNA and received card with $200 limit -- her first bankcard. And it was before she returned to work.

Roni, how long after you had FCNB did you get Spiegel card? I'm not sure I need Spiegel, but I would like an Eddie Bauer card.

8. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

$400 also. never used

9. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Never used mine either--got it when our credit was excellent. They closed it after about 3 years of inactivity. It still shows open on several CRs. I wonder if I should have them update it as a closed account? Since I never used it it shows no lates :)

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

shyguy

I got FCNB for $450 in 5/00. Speigel in 10/00. I just applied online, no preapproval. I applied for EB but was denied. Speigel can be used at EB though.

roni

11. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

thanks, roni

Maybe I'll ask a FCNB CSR about Eddie Bauer and/or Speigel when I call about a limit increase after I've had my FCNB card for six months.