Spooky Equifax Response

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Hi
    Called Equifax to let them know my current update on duplicate addresses had been missed (Not a big deal but wanted it corrected) and before I got a word out the lady said, "Hold on, let me get your file" held for 2 minutes, then she came back and said. "ok, what do you need?" When I told her she almost sounded like a mixture of relieved/ perturbed. Am I flagged? I've been aggressive on some REAL errors they've made but I thought they shredded letters. Why do I have a "FILE" that they want to see before talking with me?

2. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

They're just lookup up your information (your 'file') in their computer system. It can be slow. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

3. Insider

Insider Guest

John is absolutely correct. All files are on the computer... could you imagine a paper file for every consumer!

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Somehow I got nervous that they were keeping my letters and looking at them to compare old to new disputes... what I said to what I'd written, etc. Thanks, I feel better;)

5. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I received a letter from them requesting ID that I had already sent with my first addy dispute. The requested the same ID and the letter said that any prior correspondance has been shredded...I finally had to call to get the darn thing deleted.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

is it equifax or equiflops?