Sprint PCS phones for ANYONE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Debmac, Aug 25, 2001.

1. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Yes, no matter what your credit is, you can get a cellular phone from Sprint.

Today I went to Radio Hack, bought a lovely little Sprint/Samsung phone for $100 (AND a $100 mail in rebate), went home, called up Sprint and they activated it. I actually had a choice of programs, went with the 2500 min@39.00 per month.

(My FICO per Score Power on Friday was a miserable 555 -- new accounts are killing me, despite having 6 disputes with Equifax)

SO, if you need one, get one!

Deb

2. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Just remember that Sprint PCS is only available in major metropolitan areas. Any where else, you have to pay a roaming fee.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They have "anywhere" plans at a good rate.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Well, maybe I take that back. I received an offer with free long distance and no roaming fees, but I don't see it on their site.

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

breeze,

They do have "anywhere" plans, but that means "anywhere" they have service. If you go somewhere they don't have service, you will have to pay roaming charges if you are even lucky enough to be able to use your phone in that particular area.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

service is pretty cool. the wireless web works, what i like best is that you can have your phone logged into AIM always, and if someone aim's you, you are only charged for actual airtime to send/receive the messages.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If I get a cell phone for myself...(oldest and my wife each have one)...I would get CALL ANYWHERE, TO ANYWHERE, FROM ANYWHERE...

Sprint site says something like "SPOTTY SERVICE" even for a MAJOR area the size of
    FORT COLLINS~ DENVER~COLORADO SPRINGS...

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

YOu can set the phone to alarm when you are in roaming, so you dont get hit with unexpected charges.