Srars Gold Mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, May 12, 2001.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I recieved a letter from Sears and the letters stated that I'm goingto have a Sears Gold Mastercard. I don't have a Sears Gold Mastercard currently and I have Sears Premier card. I called them and I found out that they converted my account into Sears Gold Mastercard. They asked me whether I wanted to converted or not and I told me that go ahead to convert it. I guess that I'm going to have Sears Gold Mastercard pretty soon.

Ron.

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Since it is a Mastercard, does that mean you can use it at other stores unlike a regular Sears card? I never even heard of it.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Sears Gold Mastercard

Mike,
    You can use Sears Gold Mastercard in anywhere they accept Mastercard and of course Sears stores. It also like Sears credit cards and it also offer 0% interest financing for up to 12 months. They said that it is being offered to selected customers and it is test-marketing things.

Ron.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Sounds good, thanks Ron. I just got a Sears card a few weeks ago. It only has a $250.00 limit, like I can buy something in their stores for that...haha. I guess I could buy a wrench:)

5. the other

the other Well-Known Member

If you get the gold card, does it still count as a retail card, or would it then count as a major credit card? I'm just trying to see how it might affect that "optimal mix" for FICO scoring.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

the other,
    I think that they count as major credit card since it is Mastercard. It is hybrid card because it can used as Sears card because you can take advantage 0% fincancing up to 12 months.

Ron.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

MikeB,
    I don't think that they will convert your Sears card into Gold Mastercard it doesn't have a high credit limit and long account history.

Ron.

8. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Ron, they haven't converted mine, and it's a 7-year old account with a $15k limit!

I don't know what criteria they're using, and customer service is pretty quite about it-- other than "it's being test marketed, and accounts are picked on a random basis, blah blah blah".

One rep told me that the Premier Rewards program (up to 3% back) is better than the gold MC- which doesn't have any kind of rewards program in place yet (is that true, anyone out there with a gold MC wanna verify?)

-mj

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

mj,
    I called their Sears Gold Mastercard customer services and they told me that I haven't qualify for the card. They also told me they picked me and I can't apply for the card. I have Sears Premier card with $2080 credit limit and I got approve to increase to $4580 last month. I recieved a letter from Sears regarding my Sears Gold Mastercard and privacy notice.As far as I know I don't have any Sears Gold Mastercard and I called to Sears Gold Mastercard customer service to check the staus. She found out that they ocnvert my Sears Premier Account into Sears Gold Mastercard. She asked me whether I want my account convert to Sears Gold Mastercard or keep my Sears Card. I told he that go ahead to convert mine to Sears Gold Mastercard. By the way, Sears convert my brother's Sears Card into Sears Gold Mastercard two months ago and they increased his credit line. I asked them how do I qualify for the Sears Gold Mastercard and theyrefused to tell me. They also told me they picked you instead of you can apply on the web or inside the stores. If you qualify for the Sears Gold Mastercard, you should recieve something "Important Account Information Encloded" from Sears within these couple of days or you can call to them to check whether you can qual;ify or not. Their number is (800)669-8488. They're going to ask your Sears Card Account or SSN# to check whether you can qualify for the card. Your Sears Card credit limit is higher than mine and you may qualify for the card. Give them a call.

Ron.

10. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

what's the min score needed for a regular Sears card?

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Marie,
    I don't know what is the min score for Sears Card. Two years ago, I applied for Sears Card by mail and I got approved for $1600 and I don't have any negative credit on my credit reports.They pulled credit from Equifax.

Ron.