START OVER NEW CREDIT FILE

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by STEPH, Jul 21, 2000.

1. STEPH

STEPH Guest

I HAVE SEEN MANY SITES OFFERING A NEW CREDIT
    FILE! DOES THIS WORK

2. Lorrie Sco

Lorrie Sco Guest

So what do you know. I have been getting quite a few of these emails.?

3. michael

michael Guest

Yes they do work, but frankly you can do it yourself far cheaper.

What most of them do is called "File Segregation". You would need a new address, phone no. and Social Security or ITIN to do this!

4. Big Brothe

Big Brothe Guest

All that and it's illegal too!

5. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Yep! It's okay as long as you don't get busted. Once you're caught, they'll haul your ass off to jail.

6. reta

reta Guest

how do you start over

7. STEPH

STEPH Guest

WHY IS IT ILLEGAL?

8. BOB

BOB Guest

STEPH, if it was legal everybody would be doing it. Think about it you have to get a whole new identity, from S.S.# to address
    to job and then hope no one finds out or as Doris K. said they'll haul your ass to jail.

9. Doris K.

You can't legally get a new social security number. You can, however, obtain an employer's identification number that resembles a social security number.

Those outfits who promise you a new social security number and a brand new credit file simply advise you to get the EIN and use it as a social security number when applying for credit. This is called file segregation, and it's highly illegal. You would be the one liable if caught.

Some here might tell you that your chances of being caught are slim to none. Still, it's a huge risk because file segregation is a felony. If you're really curious about it, just look at the websites of the CRAs or of the Better Business Bureau.

10. STEPH

STEPH Guest

BUT BOB MY CREDIT IS CRAP AND I GET ANY DUE TO
    TONS AND TONS OF MEDICAL BILLS,UTILITYS FROM
    A MESSY DIVORCE NOT TO MENTION A REPO NO ONE
    WILL GIVE ME A SECOND CHANCE I HAVE BEEN TURNERD DOWN FROM EVERYONE. PROVIDAN,CROSS COUNTRY,ORCHARD FIRST PREMIER DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER SUGGESTION

11. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: STARTING OVER

You are GUARANTEED a card with Sterling Silver Secured, Net 1st (if you have a checking account), others such as DMB, FNCC, FNB have slight requirements. But considering you haven't declared bankruptcy, have no tax liens or judgements against you, you should have no difficulty getting literally any secured card including such from Orchard, Cap 1 and FCNB.

After holding a secured card for 6 months or so you will almost certainly be receiving pre-approved offers for all the sub sub-prime unsecured cards and more than likely the sub-prime one's as well.

NO SECOND CHANCE INDEED!

12. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: STARTING OVER

You are GUARANTEED a card with Sterling Silver Secured, Net 1st (if you have a checking account), others such as DMB, FNCC, FNB have slight requirements. But considering you haven't declared bankruptcy, have no tax liens or judgements against you, you should have no difficulty getting literally any secured card including such from Orchard, Cap 1 and FCNB.

After holding a secured card for 6 months or so you will almost certainly be receiving pre-approved offers for all the sub sub-prime unsecured cards and more than likely the sub-prime one's as well.

NO SECOND CHANCE INDEED!

13. BOB

BOB Guest

Try getting a secured card from Cap-One or
    others. I really don't think you need to commit a felony to start over. I to had massive medical bills in 2 years they totalled over 1/2 million dollars, the insurance paid a big part but there was plenty left for me to pay also. But our family pulled together and we paid all of it.
    It took a few years but we did it. Call your
    creditors and try to work something out.
    If they won't work with you you may have to file BK, but try to avoid this if at all possible. It's like learning to walk again,
    you have to crawl before you can walk.
    I wish you luck I've been there done that type of thing myself but it can be done.
    These people on this board will give you some great advice if you ask. They helped me more than they will ever know. Don't be embarrassed to ask questions because most all of us have been where your at. Just remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Good Luck. But don't commit a crime that will haunt you for the rest of your life. To the regulars I'm sorry for being so winded tonight and ask your forgiveness.
    BOB

14. REMUS-ROMA

REMUS-ROMA Guest

I WANT TO TELL ME WHEN SEARCH ONE CREDIT CARD TRUE

15. Pat McGarr

Pat McGarr Guest

Because it is wire fraud. Deceiving someone to entice them to give you something of value is fraud. It is a federal felony, thus they would take you to federal prison, not to jail.

16. Renae

Renae Guest

Steph--I also had the world's worst credit--it sounded much like yours only worse! I can't even get one from Capital One--but I did get one from DMB and recently from Orchard! I'm not sure why some secured turn me down and others don't but it happens. If your situation is relatively new, maybe you need to wait awhile before you apply for credit. Maybe you need no activity for awhile. That's kind of what I did before I applied for any secured cards. I didn't do anything for a period of about 1 year and also made sure that there was nothing negative added to my reports. It seemed to help, but it could be just coincidence. I know it's frustrating but maybe try doing that for awhile. Good luck!

17. Doris K.

That's even worse! The best bet is to clean up your credit reports the right way. It's time consuming, and it definately isn't cheap, but it's legal.

Go to Carreon and Associates's website at www.carreonandassociates.com and study. Virtually everything you need to know about cleaning up credit reports is there, and it's free.

18. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

I had bad credit also and just kept plugging away for credit cards it has taken a few years but finally I have gotten a Providian Secured Gold credit card, I had to pay like 49 dollars to get it started. Since that time I have been receiving tons of advertisments to get me to open new credit accts. with just about everyone. I never thought I'd be in this position again, there was a time (along time ago) when I did have AAA credit rating, I am determined to get to that status again. Its so important!!

19. KITT

KITT Guest

Ce vrei tu de fapt? Nu se intelege din mesajul tau mai nimic. Raspunde in rom, si o sa ma mai uit la lista asta peste cateva zile.