Starting Over & Hopeful

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, May 15, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Oh yeah,

After reading more on these boards, I now realize that CapOne does not report credit limits, which I really need to show on my CR, so -- given my current situation -- can anyone suggest which card I might apply for?

1) Beacon Score: 649
    2) Two dismissed BK 13's
    3) One discharged BK 7 (before I owned a house) over 9 yrs old and due to drop off in Mar. 2002
    4) One judgement
    5) Oldest acct. 11/92
    6) Income of $87,000 (before biz expenses)
    7) Homeowner -- mortgage thru Chase (though the CR's don't show it)
    8) Eleven closed installment loans all paid agreed/never late totally over $20,000 in the last 8 years.
    9) Two revolving cards (new Gold MC from CapOne and a JCPenney charge card, $0 balance open since 1993, never late.
    10) Only one hard inquiry in the past 12 months (CapOne which was approved)

Any Ideas???

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

UPDATE,

Just applied online for Target and was approved for $300.

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Well - it sounds like you are in good shape there Hope. Just let Junum do the work for you. I would take care of the addresses and variations of your names yourself.

You can call the 3 CRA and just let them know that the addresses are not correct. You can simply state, "I have never lived at any of those addresses. My addresses is xxxxxx" and just leave it at that. How are they going to argue this? I have done this myself and removed all previous addresses except the one I am at now. Also do the same with your name.

The benefit in doing this is that when the actual tradelines are disputed, then some may be deleted, because the way the CRA's verify is that they confirm your name, address, and social baed on the creditors/CA's records. Because of the inconsistency they may get, some lines may be deleted..

As for the rest, since you hired Junum - let them do the work and you should be okay. As for building credit, getting a car and making consistent payments is a good idea. A credit union is definitely the way to go because of the benefits you get from them.. another way to build positive tradelines is to go to your local bank and tell the loan officer that you would like a loan for the minimum amount required to have them report it to the credit bureus. Tell the loan officer you are doing this to build credit. Offer to also buy a 6 mo CD worth $1000 to secure the loan.

Since this is a totally secured $1k, with a 6 mo payment plan, you will get the lowest interest rate possible. It will likely by only 2% higher than the CD interest rate that are part of your earnings. Thus the cost of getting this positive tradeline is roughly $10 in net interest costs. Then take the $1k you get, and do the same at another bank. If you do this at 5-6 banks, you can have some great tradelines on your report.

These lines in addition to your JCP, and car loan will make your credit very nice in 6 mos - assuming that Junum comes through with everything.. good luck.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

How do you finish something that was dismissed?
    How do you have 5 Yrs.of payments on a BK that didn't happen?How do you discharge an obligation you didn't have?

The difference is the bk wasn'y active!

5. lbrown59

6. lbrown59

Re: Hang in there

With the settlement you have a rare opportunity to set yourself up in a comfortable financial position.
    I have 6 figgures invested and it's a nice feeling.
    It took me 15 yrs.but you have a chance to do it
    almost instantly.
    WOW-Wish I could have done it all in one shot 15 years ago.If I would have been able to my net worth today would haven been astronomical:

GO FOR IT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~