Starting over need some advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cid, Sep 26, 2003.

1. cid

cid Member

I filled my BK7 on 12/2002. It was discharged on 3/2003.

Since my BK was discharged I have purchased a vehicle and kept my Student Loans current.

Now that it is six months since my discharge, I am starting over and trying to raise my scores.

I joined creditexpert and pulled my cr. I am currently at 569 thru ex, but there are some discrepancies.

1) There are 3 accounts that should have been included in my BK that are still showing up. So with creditexpert I am able to challenge them online.

2) There are 2 accounts they say charged off included in bk. These shouldnâ??t be listed separately should they?

So hopefully once these have been investigated it will raise my score higher. Then I can apply for a cc or two. Just to raise my score. I really want to buy a house in 18 months.

What is the easiest way to get my scores from tu and eq? Anything like creditexpert that shows scores from all 3?

Sorry for so many questions. I am glad I found this site! Hopefully in the future I can be of assistance to others.

I also purchased, Credit After Bankruptcy: A Step-By-Step Action Plan to Quick and Lasting Recovery after Personal Bankruptcy. Looks like a good read.

So if you have any advice or answers to my questions please post.

Thanks,
    Cid

2. gagliano3

gagliano3 Well-Known Member

CID,

I filed for BK7 on 4/003, it was discharged 7/2003. I am curious about your auto purchase post-bankruptcy. Can I ask, was it new or used car? how much APR did you get?

Thanks!
    Thomas Gagliano

3. cid

cid Member

It was a used 2001 Grand Caravan. Fireside was the lender. I am paying 19.9% apr