State Farm...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Mar 30, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Folks...I have my car financed through AmeriCredit...they've been great service wise, but the rate is still a killer.(21%!)..working on getting the credit cleaned up, but no where near complete...any suggestions?

Thanx in advance

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Great service b/c the rate is killer. Try household if you cant get state farms but try both. I turn down Americredits offer. They offered me 21% when household offered me 13.9%

roni

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

roni...

Thanks for the reply, but won't trying both put inq's on my report? Just don't want to put more junk on...but, if one is more certain than the other, I'll take your advice on it.

Thanks again...you all rock

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

The interest rate is killing your pockets more. I am proof that inquiries dont hurt more than bad credit.

roni

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

True enough...but just discovered two probs.

1. Household won't refinance for cars w/ over 80k mi. I'm just over

2. State Farm only offers "car loans are only available through bank-trained agents in Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming."

I'm in PA.

grrr.. :/

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

So am I ...in pa what are you talking about. Phily girl here! But I think STate farms has miles limitations too. Everyone does for refinance.

roni

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I'm in Philly too!!! wow...worlds apart behind a screen..but probably about 2 miles in reality.

Anyways....if anyone knows of a refi company for this damned auto loan..lemme know please...

I'm gonna go get a cheesesteak... :)

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am on a diet. got army pt next weekend. Im jealous.

roni

9. Austin

Austin Guest

The city that loves you back

Shucks, may as well join in...not Philly but close enough in the Western 'burbs :) Sorry roni, 2 to 1: I'm having lemon meringue pie

I too have Americredit and they have been okay except for this past month. My phone started ringing because they wanted my March '01 payment. hmmm a quick check of my bank account and my car loan account online showed that my last loan payment was 2/22 yet my last check (last physical check too since I'm going with ebill payments via my bank) cleared my account one day *before* the payment was due! So I tell the rep this and she says I have to send a copy of the front and back of the check as proof. Fine by me except now I have to wait for my bank statement which cycled 3 days after that check cleared.

10. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Re: The city that loves you ba

I've had very few probs with them. I was late once, and man, I'll NEVER do that again...not only did they leave about 398983792873 messages over 2 days, but they contacted the references they required on the app. (um, my friends)

They're one of the few creditors who are actually NICE when you call. I swear I don't work for them, but they are just very understanding, calm, and willing to work with you if you fall behind. Aside from the horrendous interest rate (not their fault), I've been very very pleased. I think my beacon was like -4398, and they picked me right up...but who wouldn't at that interest rate.