Stated income mortgage 2yr BK(7)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by J. Vick 71, Sep 2, 2003.

1. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

Does anyone here know if it is possible to get a stated income mortgage after the 2 year BK discharge point?

Also if it is possible how much higher are the intrest rates, and what percentage of a down payment would be required roughly?

2. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

Not sure about the years but when I got my home after chp 7 they told me FHA was 4 yrs post discharge. But that may have changed. Our credit was perfect too from our discharge until we bought our home and has been ever since. The bank only required a letter of explanation on why we had to file. This was BofA too.

Ours was discharged in 5/92 and bought our home in 8/96 @8.75%. I don't know what the going rate was then but I think we were right there with others that bought in 96. Our credit was perfect from discharge so I don't know if that mattered at all. We found a home where the seller paid all our closing costs and most of our prepaids so we had about 1500 out of pocket only thru FHA.

Just refinanced our home from a 25 yr note to a 20 yr note (we had refinanced in 2000 from 30 to 25 yr note) to 5.75% and it has gone up in value from 58k in 96 to 95k in 2003. WOW

3. juliedeale

juliedeale Well-Known Member

FHA is now 2 years after discharge.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Just refinanced our home from a 25 yr note to a 20 yr note (we had refinanced in 2000 from 30 to 25 yr note) to 5.75% and it has gone up in value from 58k in 96 to 95k in 2003. WOW
    iambroke
    ===============
    How do you tap into the equity on it?

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

5. iambroke

I'm alittle confused at what you are asking? My guess to tap into the equity would be to take out a HELOC loan of which we have but have no balance on it.

6. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*I'm alittle confused at what you are asking?
    2*My guess to tap into the equity would be to take out a HELOC loan of which we have but have no balance on it.

Everyone is always broke in one way or another!
    ===========================

There are 2 ways
    1*One is to borrow it which you just stated.
    Do you know the other way?????????

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

8. iambroke

You could always sell it and if it has gone up in value then you would make money off the sale.

But I think the original poster wanted to tap into his equity while keeping the home though.