Statements and Messages on TU

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, Apr 20, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Hi Everyone,

On my Trans Union report there is a consumer statement and a special message neither authorized by me. What can I do?

The consumer statement says: "DO NOT CONFUSE WITH CONSUMERS OF SIMILAR IDENTIFICATION; VERIFY ALL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION"

Is this a negative thing? I called TU and a rep said that they started putting this on everyones files, even hers.

My problem is, if its under "consumer statement" wouldnt a creditor think that I authorized the printing of this statement?

Secondly...

The special message states "IPUT SSN HAS BEEN USED (007) TIMES IN THE LAST (30) DAYS ON DIFFERENT INQUIRES"

I suppose that they are refering to the inqures from the auto dealer. Is there anyway that I can get this removed?

Good night
    PSUgirl

2. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Re: Statements and Messages on

My report has the same consumer statement. I asked them to remove it in my last rounds of disputes. They should take it off my report...
    I said it "hinders my ability to obtain credit".
    I should hear back mid-may if its deleted.
    Anyone else have a similar statement, and get it removed?

Dustin

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sometimes you can get nice results if you ask in a nice way.
    Good job Dustin. You seem real cool.

roni

4. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Yep, I've got one. my mother put it on both of our credit reports. By the way, I've had creditors use TU reports since then and nobody had even slightly asked me for supporting documentation.

If they had, I would have had it removed. I don't know if it really hinders since not one scoring model reads any consumer statements on any credit report. They're just a way for the bureaus to "make us feel better" if we don't win on a dispute...

"but you can put on a statement"... they tell us like children. Big deal. unless a human looks at the report it won't even be seen.

i've had that verified by a bureau.

5. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Thats great to know Marie... I wont complain about the statement then. I havent gotten denied for anything because of it.

Thanks again Marie and Dustin!

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Your Welcome too.