Statements and revolving Accounts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bellybean, Aug 13, 2003.

1. bellybean

bellybean Member

I have a sort of stupid question. I had a revolving store charge, and I got statements for a while, then they stopped coming. I called several times (while still making my payments), to see what the problem was, but I could never get a straight answer. I paid a lump sum of $800 in March of 2002 that should have zeroed out my account (accoring to my math) or at least come really close. I never heard from them, either to collect or to let me know my account was paid off. Now, for the first time in 15 months, I get a bill from them for 233 in late fees. My credit report shows open and past due. Is there something (law or whatever) that shows that they have to send a statement on a revolving account? If so, can I bargain to pay the 233 in exchange for removing the negative from my credit report?

Also, I wrote them in regard to this, and they told me they had no obligation to send me a monthly statement. It has not gone to collections yet, but the late fees keep mounting. What can/should I do? Excepting $28, the entire statement is late fees, as I went back through my bank statements to prove I paid. I also mailed copies of the statements to them to prove, and they say I didn't, and that I owe late fees on a $28 balance.

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Is there something (law or whatever) that shows that they have to send a statement on a revolving account? If so, can I bargain to pay the 233 in exchange for removing the negative from my credit report?
    bellybean |
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&7
    Yes to both ?s

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

3. bellybean

bellybean Member

Cool! Thanks for all your help, lbrown :)