Statute of limitations

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by teresa, May 24, 2000.

1. teresa

teresa Guest

O.k. guys, need some help I received my credit report and I have 6-7 charge offs from about 4-5 years ago. Just because of my stupidity and not taking care of things when I should. Things are much different and want to take care of this stuff. I am looking to buy a home in about 2-3 years with my spouse. I want to clean this mess up now and fast to start rebuilding what I shoul dhave done long time ago. What is the statute of limitations? People say derogatory info. last 7 years from the last date of activity is that when it was charged off? I have paid 3 other accounts that were charge offs and now know that the clock starts all over again for 7 years. What do I do about these other 6-7 that are on my report? Can double accounts from different collection agencies be taken off? Some are listed 3 times with different collection agencies....I am in such a mess but I need to fix this stuff so we can buy a house. Where do I start first and I would like a bunch of info. from anyone. We do plan to get a secured visa to help rebuild our credit and have one account open with a 500 limit and is in good standing. Sorry so long...lots of questions....
    Thanks

2. teresa

teresa Guest

One more thing...

One more thing I have all the addresses for the creditors should I write and ask to settle?