Stay away from Key Bank!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I have to vent!

I was just denied a school loan by Key Bank.

They are the biggest liars!!

They told me as soon as you have the unpaid item taken care of on your credit report send an updated copy and we will reconsider.

Okay did that! But now they are claiming I have one late account on my file that is still dispute which is paid and they cannot approve because of this item.

BS because the same item was there before and they were willing to approve me when if I did not have the unpaid items now this new BS!!!!!

Then I asked if they would not pull another report, they said no they would not pull another report.

Lie! They pulled the report even after I told them not to and requested they call me if they needed to request another report.

So now I have 4 inquiries on my damn file from them within a month and I still did not get the loan.

I am soooooooooo mad right now!!!!!!!!

This is pure BS!

Now I have to get a loan real fast.

Please if anyone knows of where I can get a student loan that doesn't give you this run around BS I would really appreciate it.

Ok I have vented, now I must cool down.

Cypri:(

2. texastrini

texastrini Well-Known Member

Sorry about your bad experience.

did you have anything in writing?

How much money do you need?

3. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl,

I am so sorry. You helped me out in the past with my friend regarding her law school loans. I am actually speechless. I had spoken to a Key lender rep. and told her my friend's situation. She essentially told me the same thing - just send in letters from the creditors stating that the accounts are current and a letter as to why there was negative information on the reports. She also stated that Key Bank is the largest lender of law school loans and because of that they can afford to be a little lenient. With that in mind, I relayed that information to my friend and encourage her to apply to Key. We have been waiting for almost a week to get the results. They told her that they were under a deluge of appeals forms and to keep checking in. In reading what you have just been though, it does not look favorable for her as well (she only has a few lates on her report). I am just really angry not only for her situation but for yours as well - how is anybody supposed to pay for outrageous tuition bills around here if you are not born with a platinum spoon in your mouth? There has just has to be another way for folks with less then stellar credit to get educational loans.

4. TCEast

TCEast Well-Known Member

Have you tried the financial aid office at your school. When I got my student loans they helped me with the paperwork and really helped facilitate the process. It was basically painless. Of course, I live in California - maybe it's different in Florida.

5. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

6. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

I am going to hazard a guess that Cyprigirl is applying for a private educational loan. This goes on top of the guaranteed student loan that you can get through the school. My friend's tuition is the first year is $24,000 and that doesn't even cover living expenses. So if you are guaranteed $18,500 through a federal government backed loan - where is the rest of the funds suppose to come from. This is were I believe we are getting left behind.

7. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

8. Cyprigirl

Thanks guys but I am going to apply to access group once I get those inquiries removed.

I just can't believe they put me through this for 3 months, but I do have to thank tehm because it was their original denial that caused me to clean up my credit.

But the good news is that I was approved for 2Citibank cards today one for the ABA with a minimum limit of 15000 they are still determining my final limit and a gold card with a limit of 5000 that is 20000 in one day!

Now I can bring my ratios down and I will get the loan somewhere else.

Thanks guys!

Cypri:)

9. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

Good luck and keep us posted!!

10. Cyprigirl

As you guys can tell I have calmed down now.

But I am not going to give up, I will get that school loan!

It was just a detour and I will go through my school, they would probably be able to help me better.

Thanks for the links I will be checking out other opportunities.

Cypri:)