sterling bank removal!!!!! (ki

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Dec 3, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I can't remember if it was you Killer who wanted to know the outcome of my disputes. I have had the flu since fri. I got my trans report back today. IT WAS REMOVED!!!!! Now i only have 2 neg. items on my trans report. Two paid collections one from 6/95 and 6/98. I will let you know what happens with the other reports.

2. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: sterling bank removal!!!!!

Yes it was me! OK let me get this straight. You had a Sterling charge-off and you paid them in full. You then disputed and they did not respond. Is this correct? Did you wait until you received a credit report showing zero balance before you disputed?

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I had a charge off (profit and loss) for approx. $100. I wrote Ster. telling them I wanted to take care of this debt. I always mentioned I wanted permanent removal/deletion. They replied that the only way they could do this is if I pay in full. $100 was not a lot so I said ok. I then wrote back and had them further explain the procedure they would use to do this(it was pretty vague in the letter). Once I recieved a reply I sent in my check. I did not wait until it showed up on my credit reports. The guy I had been talking to said they updated their tapes on the first of the month, so I waited until the 31st (and I made sure the check had cleared) and sent in my disputes. I figured by the time the bureaus received it they would have been updated. Then I waited for my results. As you can see it was removed from Trans. I don't know about the others yet. I can send or explain what I said in the letters if you want me to. I also had a paid charge off removed from Mervyn's/Retailers National Bank without disputing with the credit buraus. I can explain that one too if you want. I was really surprised with the Mervyns one. When you send in money to ster. you can use Western Union, or a money order and that will speed up the process.

4. Killer

Killer Guest

Please send or expalin what you said in the letter. I have a small charge-off with them also. Thanks a million!

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I cannot do it tonight, I don't have enough strenth. I have had the flu since fri and have just started to eat food today. I'll try mon. I won't forget.

6. Killer

Killer Guest

OK...now rest and get better! The flu is serious!